Trying to change my login/password—-can anyone tell me what this means?

I am not able to login on the app at all but on my tablet I was able to log into my Princess account and I want to change my login ID and password. I got this error message:

“login ID/password updation not completed as email/Flag is not Migrated”

I am hoping someone with more computer knowledge than I have can tell me what that means.

is updation even a word?

I have tried calling Princess, and the agent I spoke with had no idea.

all help appreciated.

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue, I tried to get help through web chat so I can do screen shots and etc.   They put in a ticket that got escalated to IT.   It's still there, but at least now I'm getting emails from Princess.

Figure I'll try again later, perhaps after my cruise.

PS: i can log into the App on my phone.  Good enough for now.

Edited by Jnsplace1

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am not able to login on the app at all but on my tablet I was able to log into my Princess account and I want to change my login ID and password. I got this error message:

I am hoping someone with more computer knowledge than I have can tell me what that means.

is updation even a word?

all help appreciated.

Usually it would mean that you did not respond to the email the system generates to the address it has on file for your account. Used to help verify you have the authority to change it.

sometimes the email goes into spam and gets missed.

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

is updation even a word?

all help appreciated.

Updation is sort of a word meaning the process of updating.  Not yet in most dictionaries, mostly used by people trying too hard to sound smart.

• Haha 1

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Thanks for the information. That is the problem. That account no longer exists. I hope someone at Princess can help me change that invalid email account to a valid one.

A reason why one should go through all of their online accounts and update their associated email information before changing email accounts.

Some services on the Internet are very difficult or even have no mechanism for account changes without response from previous linked email or phone numbers.

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Thanks for the information. That is the problem. That account no longer exists. I hope someone at Princess can help me change that invalid email account to a valid one.

I had it happen to me when I had to reset my phone. Simply deleted the app.  Reinstalled and setup from new. Provided my email and chose a password.   Really fast.  Just had to verify with the code from a text message.

Easier than fixing the broken app.

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

A reason why one should go through all of their online accounts and update their associated email information before changing email accounts.

Some services on the Internet are very difficult or even have no mechanism for account changes without response from previous linked email or phone numbers.

Hindsight is always 20/20.  But now I’m stuck with trying to figure out how to reset.  

when I push the “forgot my password button” the next screen flashes by so quickly I cannot access it🙁

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Hindsight is always 20/20.  But now I’m stuck with trying to figure out how to reset.  

when I push the “forgot my password button” the next screen flashes by so quickly I cannot access it🙁

Customer service should be able to change it for you. 

I have the same issue. I can log in, but really need to change my password. It won't let me -- gives me the same error. The password reset email never comes through even though other emails from Princess do. I've tried putting in a ticket with Princess but so far I've received zero response. 

Take a few minutes and write a letter to upper management providing your issue, that usually works better than a phone call or customer service.  Your letter will be passed down to a support staff, but I’ve found that usually gets results.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

A letter? As in snail mail? How quaint!

I will give it a try.

Be prepared to wait several weeks. Probably better off calling or using chat it might take a couple of times.

I assume you asked for web site technical support or maybe Captains circle?