Resort for a Day - Coco Reef

dazey

We have done the Resort for a Day at Elbow Beach(absolutely beautiful beach) but it is no longer offered. Coco Reef is the only one listed - has anyone done this beach and how is the resort and beach? We will be there late May.

1 hour ago, dazey said:

We have done the Resort for a Day at Elbow Beach(absolutely beautiful beach) but it is no longer offered.

The hotel closed and has never reopened-- currently abandoned. They sold off all the interior furnishing at auction a while ago. 

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Coco Reef is the only one listed - has anyone done this beach and how is the resort and beach? We will be there late May.

Its fine-- its basically right next door to the former Elbow Beach Resort but doesnt share the same beach. Solid midlevel resort with smaller pool. Beach is small and a bit rocky-- not the greatest for swimming. Decor inside is a bit fussy and stuck in the 1990s (but that's not the reason you're going). It wouldn't be even in my top 10 to stay the night at but it's most likely fine for the day. 

I know the main hotel has been closed for years(we were there in the 60's!) but is the restaurant on the beach still open(think it was called Lido).  We would just like to walk along that beautiful beach when visiting.

2 hours ago, dazey said:

I know the main hotel has been closed for years(we were there in the 60's!) but is the restaurant on the beach still open(think it was called Lido).  We would just like to walk along that beautiful beach when visiting.

The Lido (Sea Breeze) is open.  

I did a Resort for a Day at Cocoa Reef years ago. The pool was beautiful, the lunch was very good and everyone was very friendly. What I did not like was the many steps one had to navigate to go to the beach.