Getting off the ship early?

basenji56

I am looking at booking an Allura Transatlantic in 2026 that ends in Rome. However, the port right before Rome is Naples.

Do you know if Oceania would allow me to get off the ship in Naples?

O is usually accommodating except when pesky cabotage laws (like the US's PVSA -- often mistakenly cited as the Jones Act) get in the way.

Best to ask O directly (and if you can figure out how, Italy).  We here on CC aren't maritime attorneys -- at least not yours. 😉 

4 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

O is usually accommodating except when pesky cabotage laws (like the US's PVSA -- often mistakenly cited as the Jones Act) get in the way.

Best to ask O directly (and if you can figure out how, Italy).  We here on CC aren't maritime attorneys -- at least not yours. 😉 

Yes, I will ask. Not expecting legal advice. Just post-Covid past experience. 

• Like 1

When you get your answer from "O", make sure you take a copy of the document to show just in case the message doesn't get to the ship.  Also don't wait, once on the ship reconfirm with the front office.

We did a panama canal cruise Miami to LA.  The stop before LA was San Diego.  We got off there as well as several other passengers. There was a customs and immigration agent available and we had to carry our own luggage off the ship.

• Thanks 1

This past February we requested permission to disembark the evening of our overnight in Laem Chabang to stay in a hotel because of our early morning flight. The affirmative response took a few days because my TA said they actually had to get the answer from the ship.

Also keep in mind that once it's on record that you're disembarking early, they will close your account (and internet access) early as well. If you have refundable OBC coming back to you, make sure the accounting is correct a few days before you plan on disembarking and get the cash if you don't want them to send a check.

Because they cut off our internet service early we were not able to use Whatsapp to contact our driver to let him know we were boarding the shuttle to get to the pick up area. Luckily the front desk let us use a house phone to message him.

• Thanks 1