Solo passengers on voyages

I have traveled Seabourn before but it has been a while . I am asking the solo travelers if Seabourn has a solo cocktail hour in addition to hosted tables ?  I liked the hosted tables a lot but that does not help with meeting other solo travelers to have a great time with .  Thank You for your responses here . I am a former Silversea guest that is ready for a change .

I have always traveled solo on Seabourn cruises. I don't remember any solo cocktail hour except for the invitation for solo travelers to meet & have a drink at the beginning of every cruise. Contrary to what you think, I find that the hosted tables are a great way to meet other passengers traveling alone.

Posted (edited)

I was on Seabourn Sojourn last in February 2024 and I saw a gathering of solo travellers many nights in the club hosted by one of the entertainment staff. I think they met around ?6 - 6.30. 

@Astride I saw your reply as I posted. I wonder if it was different on my sailing as it was part of the world cruise or because Ross was CD and he was more pro-active?

Edited by frantic36

7 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I was on Seabourn Sojourn last in February 2024 and I saw a gathering of solo travellers many nights in the club hosted by one of the entertainment staff. I think they met around ?6 - 6.30. 

@Astride I saw your reply as I posted. I wonder if it was different on my sailing as it was part of the world cruise or because Ross was CD and he was more pro-active?

Hi frantic36,

It could be but I never experienced any thing else. My last cruise on SB was a 6 week cruise from Fiji to Vancouver in the spring of 2023. Robert was the CD & we had a solo gathering at the beginning of every embarkation port.

Okay sounds good .. I have just had one voyage so not much to compare .  I did meet some great guests on the hosted tables . The food was  really good too !  Thank You for your responses !