Solstice - Best Veranda Room Setup for 4 Guests

gvgseg

Hello Celebrity CCers...

My family (2 adults, 12yo, 9yo) has traditionally done Club Balcony Suites/Mini Suites on Norwegian and are taking our first Celebrity cruise on Solstice. It looks like there are very few Veranda cabins designed to accommodate 4 guests. Can anyone share if one room layout is better/more comfortable than others? We are trying to get one with the single sofa plus upper bed rather than the single sofa plus pullout sofa.

Also, are the Concierge class benefits worth it for an additional ~$500 for the week?

The cabin you want used to be called “family veranda” but i think it now is called

ULTRA DELUXE VERANDA. They’re hard to find and reserve,but you get two bedrooms and a LOT of space.

Concierge class is simply an upsell opportunity with little benefit to you except for a special lunch on embarkation day.  I usually only book concierge when booking a balcony guarantee because there are no obstructed view concierge cabins.

3 hours ago, gvgseg said:

Hello Celebrity CCers...

My family (2 adults, 12yo, 9yo) has traditionally done Club Balcony Suites/Mini Suites on Norwegian and are taking our first Celebrity cruise on Solstice. It looks like there are very few Veranda cabins designed to accommodate 4 guests. Can anyone share if one room layout is better/more comfortable than others? We are trying to get one with the single sofa plus upper bed rather than the single sofa plus pullout sofa.

Also, are the Concierge class benefits worth it for an additional ~$500 for the week?

If you go to Celebrity's website & do a "mock" booking.

When you choose the room type you want it takes you to the available rooms on the available decks. 

There is a deck plan key at rhs which tells you that rooms with a square have a single sofa bed & the one's with a triangle have one upper bed.

Hope this makes sense!

I am currently in the process of choosing a stateroom for Equinox (S class ship also)

I am finding the spreadsheet invaluable....thankyou so much to everyone who has contributed to it!

I also agree with justcrusn re Concierge, we have only used once and did not think it was worth the extra.

We were on Solstice from Sydney to Singapore in October last year, we loved the ship & hope you will too!

The staff are amazing 😊

3 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

If you go to Celebrity's website & do a "mock" booking.

When you choose the room type you want it takes you to the available rooms on the available decks. 

There is a deck plan key at rhs which tells you that rooms with a square have a single sofa bed & the one's with a triangle have one upper bed.

Hope this makes sense!

I am currently in the process of choosing a stateroom for Equinox (S class ship also)

I am finding the spreadsheet invaluable....thankyou so much to everyone who has contributed to it!

I also agree with justcrusn re Concierge, we have only used once and did not think it was worth the extra.

We were on Solstice from Sydney to Singapore in October last year, we loved the ship & hope you will too!

The staff are amazing 😊

Good day!  Where can I find the spreadsheet you referred to?  TIA

19 minutes ago, beachwritr said:

Good day!  Where can I find the spreadsheet you referred to?  TIA

It's a sticky at the top of the Celebrity page here on CC. Cabin info for S-class ships.

10 hours ago, gvgseg said:

Hello Celebrity CCers...

The best non-suite quad cabins are the Ultra Deluxe Veranda cabin they have significantly more room than a normal quad cabin and are furnished to sleep up to 5 people.  There are only 4 of them and they sit at the front corner of the ship on Deck 7 (7101 & 7108) and Deck 8 (8107 & 8108).  The two on Deck 8 are are larger than the two on Deck 7 in terms of interior cabin space and balcony space.   Here is a link to the layout of the Deck 8 cabins: link   We have sailed on Solstice twice with our 2 kids (young adults) in those cabins.

image.png.8558df2e29999fa69b282c4749797e6a.png