Excursion ideas

craigtompkins

I know St. Croix is not visited as frequently as other islands in the area and as such there are fewer posts here and fewer 3rd party options so I'm starting my search early.  We will be visiting St. Croix for the first time in October.  Normally I like to do an island tour the first time I visit an island, but I honestly don't know if I'll ever visit St. Croix a 2nd time, so I'm looking for what might be considered a must do excursion/activity.  Our trip has plenty of beach days, so unless the beach is better than St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Barbados it does not need to have beach time.  Royal Caribbean does offer an excursion over to Buck Island if that's a better option that staying on St. Croix as I have not been there before either.  If an island tour is the right option, does anyone have recent experience with local tour guides?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 7:51 AM, craigtompkins said:

I know St. Croix is not visited as frequently as other islands in the area and as such there are fewer posts here and fewer 3rd party options so I'm starting my search early.  We will be visiting St. Croix for the first time in October.  Normally I like to do an island tour the first time I visit an island, but I honestly don't know if I'll ever visit St. Croix a 2nd time, so I'm looking for what might be considered a must do excursion/activity.  Our trip has plenty of beach days, so unless the beach is better than St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Barbados it does not need to have beach time.  Royal Caribbean does offer an excursion over to Buck Island if that's a better option that staying on St. Croix as I have not been there before either.  If an island tour is the right option, does anyone have recent experience with local tour guides?

Thanks in advance

We like hiking and snorkeling.  We rented a car at the airport and did both.  St. Croix is really easy to navigate.  Probably my favorite of the USVI.  We looked at tours but then just decided to research places of interest and go on our own.  Absolutely beautiful island.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2024 at 11:34 AM, jean87510 said:

We like hiking and snorkeling.  We rented a car at the airport and did both.  St. Croix is really easy to navigate.  Probably my favorite of the USVI.  We looked at tours but then just decided to research places of interest and go on our own.  Absolutely beautiful island.

Where did you go hiking and snorkeling at?

30 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Where did you go hiking and snorkeling at?

We drove to Point Udall.  Near there is a hiking path that goes to the beach. Isaac Bay reserve where you can snorkel if you want

We also went to Cane bay beach where my husband made it to the Wall but I had some difficulty.  

Last place we stopped was Sand castle.  We saw quite a few turtles here.

20221221_100405.jpg

20221221_101941.jpg

20221221_101819.jpg

20221221_101857.jpg

20221221_102521.jpg

20221221_102638.jpg

20221221_102646.jpg

PC210042.JPG

PC210040.JPG

PC210027.JPG

PC210059.JPG

20221221_101149.jpg