Upgrade Worth It?

I just got an offer to upgrade from my V balcony room to a signature suite for $219pp.

is this worth it?

I have a pretty central room on deck 5.

Are there downsides to this?

Are there signature suites on the eurodam that are poorly placed or obstructed view?

Any help much appreciated!

I don't think there are any bad view Signatures on the Euro'. There are some balconies that are somewhat exposed to the glass "outside" elevators midships. However, I use those elevators a lot and never saw anything the least bit interesting.

I would move quickly and have a deck plan handy.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We love the signature suites. I’m not sure if there are bad locations. We’ve always had them on guarantee and always been happy with the location. If you can get one for a good price, go for it. Is that price for 7 days?

Edited by sunviking90
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If I were you, I would call back and ask if anything has opened up.  And keep doing so!  You can check (by doing a mock booking) ahead of time to see if anything shows up.  Again, be prepared with your credit card and a deck plan.  

We have been in a SS on the Eurodam.  It wasn't the best location, but the larger bathroom, with double sinks was well worth the extra.  $219pp is a good deal!

Edited by Iamthesea

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

If I were you, I would call back and ask if anything has opened up.  And keep doing so!  You can check (by doing a mock booking) ahead of time to see if anything shows up.  Again, be prepared with your credit card and a deck plan.  

We have been in a SS on the Eurodam.  It wasn't the best location, but the larger bathroom, with double sinks was well worth the extra.  $219pp is a good deal!

@mrs_hauntedskipper and the larger balcony is great for viewing Alaska. 

We were portside deck 6 2 cabins aft of the glass elevator last May in Eurodam - no issues w/the cabin or location.

Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Great advice. Don’t wait for them to call you. Availability can change daily.

Posted (edited)

I just got off the phone with the Upsell Desk.  Moved from a V GTY to a Signature Suite (there were no SS showing online.)  The Upsell Desk had 3 to offer.  Our cruise is also May 11, but it's a 14 Night on the Rotterdam.  

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1