Viking - credit card information

HSBC

For ocean cruise (Celebrity, Princess), I am required to enter my credit card information into their apps prior to boarding the cruise ship.

For Viking River cruise, am I required to provide any credit card information prior to to boarding the cruise ship (my Viking journey)?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, HSBC said:

For ocean cruise (Celebrity, Princess), I am required to enter my credit card information into their apps prior to boarding the cruise ship.

For Viking River cruise, am I required to provide any credit card information prior to to boarding the cruise ship (my Viking journey)?

Thanks!

No, you are not.  You can if you want to but you are not required to.

What they ask is that at some point in the first few days of the cruise that you come to guest services and offer your credit card.

We have often had charges on our account before actually giving the credit card.  No one seems concerned.  Very relaxed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSBC said:

Thanks!

Yes - you can do that at embarkation too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

No, you are not.  You can if you want to but you are not required to.

What they ask is that at some point in the first few days of the cruise that you come to guest services and offer your credit card.

We have often had charges on our account before actually giving the credit card.  No one seems concerned.  Very relaxed.

CDNPolar,

Thanks for your detailed explanation as usual.

I'll provide my credit card information to Viking during my cruise. 

At the end of the cruise, Viking will charge the daily gratitude to my account, then it will be charged automatically to my credit card, Right?

Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, HSBC said:

CDNPolar,

Thanks for your detailed explanation as usual.

I'll provide my credit card information to Viking during my cruise. 

At the end of the cruise, Viking will charge the daily gratitude to my account, then it will be charged automatically to my credit card, Right?

Thanks again!

Yes.  Provide the card onboard, and then one or two nights before the end of the cruise you will see the gratuities on your account and it will settle automatically to your card.  You can watch your account on your cabin TV throughout the cruise.

When onboard the charge could be in USD or Euros depending on where you are cruising.  The only thing you might consider is when you pay for gratuities through MVJ before you go, you will pay in the currency that you paid for your cruise in avoiding foreign currency charges and potential exchange.

• Like 1