Can I rebook higher category room after final payment on same cruise after final payment?

newbie202020

@newbie202020

For whatever it's worth, I'm in a Club Balcony cabin on a June QA cruise (past the final payment date), and just yesterday got an upsell offer from Cunard, i.e., an invitation to bid on a PG or QG cabin. I declined to bid, but maybe you should have your travel agent inquire as to whether Cunard is entertaining upsell bids for your cruise. It's possible you may wind up spending less than if you were to cancel and re-book.

Jim

• Thanks 2

The Plusgrade upgrade bids can happen after paying the final balance, in fact they shouldn't be sent out to anyone who has not paid their final balance. Plusgrades go out around 80 days to the sailing.

I am fairly sure that I have upgraded category after the final balance (and definitely before the final balance). Cunard just want your money so will offer a personalised figure for the upgrade to those who book direct with them. I have no experience with travel agents and Cunard.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all who replied. I didn't choose the upgrade option when booking as I need to choose side by side cabins with my parents. So I didn't want to risk getting separated from the upgrade bid program.

I would prefer to rebook and choose the cabins myself. I guess I will call the travel agent to see. Just wanted to hear other's experiences. Thanks 

• Like 1

As far as I know, the Plusgrade programme can still apply for those who tick "no upgrades" on the initial booking. That tick relates to free upgrades, which come from leftfield, and that sounds unsuitable for you. But yes, this sounds like a good issue for your travel agent to resolve.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

If I’m onboard and want to change/upgrade a cruise previously booked with a TA….is that possible? 

Being in the UK and having gone through a TA the it is highly unlikely - Carnival UK will normally only deal with your TA for everything. If you had booked direct with Cunard then you may possibly been able to change but whatever change you want to make it would be at the price prevailing at the time of booking.

Posted (edited)

I think I'm going to disagree there, at least if it's for the current voyage, I think the evidence is that Cunard is pretty keen on money, so if there are empty cabins and your wallet needs slimming down, I think they would be happy to assist. It's best to go to the Voyage Office since they can give you a straightforward answer as to whether it's possible, and usually on embarkation they aren't too busy. I saw one couple do this since they didn't realise that the outside window didn't open (ok, that's a whole thread in itself,,,,,) but the Voyage Office agent said "how about $500?" and the husband concerned couldn't get the money out fast enough.

If it's a future voyage then I suspect again that while it gets worked back via the TA, and they will make suggestions.

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, david63 said:

I agree that if it is the current cruise then it may be possible to upgrade but I read the previous post to relate to a cruise other than the current one.

And she began the reply with IF, so I think it’s hypothetical.  EM

18 hours ago, Pushpit said:

... I saw one couple do this since they didn't realise that the outside window didn't open (ok, that's a whole thread in itself,,,,,)

🤣😆😂 window didn't open!!!!! So let's start that thread, Pushpit 😂

• Like 1