High Seas Heist/Escape Room/etc. - still available?

Dani24

On our 2019 cruise to Alaska on the Grand they offered a really fun High Seas Heist activity which spanned several days, and an Escape Room game you could book (it was in the wedding chapel, with other guests). 

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess later this year. Do they still offer any activities like these? Or other unique activities outside of the usual things we should look out for? We love games, educational lectures, interactive activities, etc. 

• Like 1

A good comedian might find material in your mentioning an escape room in a wedding chapel. We cruise more than the average cruiser, though certainly far from as frequently as some posters here. Haven't seen anything like this onboard, though I've read about it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

A good comedian might find material in your mentioning an escape room in a wedding chapel. We cruise more than the average cruiser, though certainly far from as frequently as some posters here. Haven't seen anything like this onboard, though I've read about it. 

I think High Seas Heist is only available on ships sailing the Red Sea or off the coast of Somalia.  🤪

• Haha 4

I think a murder mystery on a cruise would be fun.  Years ago my wife and I wrote and directed a couple of mysteries for a small group of friends where each had a part to play.  One was Murder on the Mauritania and the other was Hijinx in the Hindenburg.  We gave the actors crazy names like Senator Phillip Buster and textiles heiress Polly Esther.  It was a blast.

• Like 2

You guys are cracking me up! 😂

The High Seas Heist was a bit like a murder mystery. You got a packet of evidence/clues, and then more were revealed over the next several days. You'd have to try to figure out who did it, and then submit your answers at the end. They had everyone gather in one of the lounges for a final presentation (with crew acting out several of the characters) and reveal. There were prizes for getting it right. It was super popular, so I'm sad it might not be a regular thing they offer. 

Though, as I think about it I guess it would be hard to prevent people from sharing the clues/answers with others after their sailing. 

8 hours ago, Dani24 said:

The High Seas Heist was a bit like a murder mystery. You got a packet of evidence/clues, and then more were revealed over the next several days. You'd have to try to figure out who did it, and then submit your answers at the end. They had everyone gather in one of the lounges for a final presentation (with crew acting out several of the characters) and reveal. There were prizes for getting it right. It was super popular, so I'm sad it might not be a regular thing they offer. 

I think Carnival tried something a bit similar for with a tie-in to the game "Clue", due to Carnival's association with Hasbro.

Except it wasn't as organized and there weren't individual packets of evidence.  After the initial clue was given out, e.g. at some event by the CD, the remaining clues were usually given at events/venues where Carnival was selling something.  Didn't take long for people to realize there wasn't much substance to the 'game', and they were the ones actually getting gamed because it was just a ploy to get passengers to buy more stuff from Carnival.

17 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I think Carnival tried something a bit similar for with a tie-in to the game "Clue", due to Carnival's association with Hasbro.

Except it wasn't as organized and there weren't individual packets of evidence.  After the initial clue was given out, e.g. at some event by the CD, the remaining clues were usually given at events/venues where Carnival was selling something.  Didn't take long for people to realize there wasn't much substance to the 'game', and they were the ones actually getting gamed because it was just a ploy to get passengers to buy more stuff from Carnival.

Ugh, that sounds obnoxious. I don't recall there being any tie to any spending related venues on the ship for what Princess did. If I recall right I think there was a place you went to each day to get your next packet. Pretty sure it was in the Piazza, since I recall cracking open our next packet by the International Cafe, and seeing several others doing the same.

They did have a charm bracelet giveaway on that cruise, where you had to show up at certain stores or demonstrations at certain times to collect the charms. I ran around to collect them for my daughter, but it was a tad  annoying fighting crowds in the jewelry store or whatever for the next charm.