Avalon Tulip Time in Holland & Belgium

Tomorrow I will be joining the Avalon Imagery II for the Tulip Time in Holland and Belgium cruise (might be sold under a different title in N. America or if you're staying extra days at the beginning or end). If anyone has anything they would like to know about the ship/cabins/food/ tours etc please do ask and I'll try to answer as best I can.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to it but the weather forecast is pretty much rain every day so no sunbathing (rainbathing?). I will miss out on the Keukenhof visit as I wont reach the ship until early/mid afternoon but I have been before in super weather so I don't have too many regrets about msiing out this time.

Forecast not looking too good, you are right. But as you say you have been to the area before.

If you happen to check out the wine list, please post some info if the offers are regional, i.e. wine growing regions in Germany or France. Would love to know if they include the rarer Belgian wines.

Have a great time.

notamermaid

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 2:00 PM, notamermaid said:

Forecast not looking too good, you are right. But as you say you have been to the area before.

If you happen to check out the wine list, please post some info if the offers are regional, i.e. wine growing regions in Germany or France. Would love to know if they include the rarer Belgian wines.

Have a great time.

notamermaid

Hi. I did check out the wine lists but no Belgian wines at all. They seemed to be a mix of French, Spanish, Italian and some German wines but not in any way linked to the cruise itself.

• Thanks 1

Well, there's very little Dutch and Belgian wines produced and I'd imagine not enough volume or  at low enough prices to stock on cruise ships.

When I worked in these countries I had to make a real effort to find a bottle. And to be frank when I did they weren't worth finding. 🙂

No doubt quality has improved since then 

• Like 1