Suite 7116

Lenbro1944

Has any one stayed in suite 7116,  a deluxe penthouse,

on the aft of ship? What was your experience and was there noise from the aft pool that was annoying?

Would you book it again?

Thanks

I was in 6089 right below you. There was noise from the aft pool. Also, there was noise from the thruster engines when we were "anchored" at a port. They do not use anchors. They remain in place with a GPS linked thruster system that vibrates the ship and makes a lot of noise all the time they are in tendering mode. If your itinerary is tender intensive, I would think twice about an aft facing cabin.

Agree with CJANDH.  Flooding continues to be an issue, which Explora is shows no willingness to address.  Also lack of privacy from Residences on both sides, when guests are using the balcony.  Balcony gets extremely hot, making glass in sliding door hot enough to fry an egg(!) and warming up the cabin to 26-28, even when drapes are fully closed.  Air conditioning cannot cope.

Interior comments - extremely tight, poorly designed bathroom/dressing area - well described in others' comments. 

On the positive side - very nice cabin on the inside. 

Hi Crickette,

Had you stayed in 7116? Can you elaborate on flooding? From where did the water come from?

Was  there any less privacy than any other cabins that have balconies on both sides?

Thanks

I stayed in 6090 in January and didn't have any of the above problems. You can see the people in the Astern pool, so, of course, they can see you. 7116 has a much deeper balcony so that shouldn't be a problem. The aft facing DP's have a "wall" separating the living room from the bedroom and the port/starboard ones do not and so appear more spacious, but lack the somewhat defined areas.

6 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Where did the water come from?

Jacuzzi on the deck above.  The video mentioned in one of your previous posts shows it clearly.

6 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Was  there less privacy

Yes or else I would not have mentioned it.