Dining with Premier, semi-newbie questions

CPs4591

Hi so again, sorry haven’t been on a ship this big for 20+ years so don’t know if this is dumb.  We have Premier package.  When we eat in the MDR can I eat only unlimited appetizers/starters rather than any mains (maybe Premier is irrelevant to this)?  The reason I ask is I have been looking at some of the menus the “Live” people are posting, and even though not our ship (we’re on Coral) I notice as someone with dietary restrictions I find 75% of the starters would be great for me to eat.  So can I just have a bunch of those and not order a main for my dinner?  Sorry so clueless.  

other thing is when we eat OUTSIDE of the MDR could I do the same if I wanted like with the Crown and the Italian place (Italian on a ship will be harder to do gluten free, ironically unlike Italy itself where it is amazingly easy to eat gluten free)?

TIA

You are correct, Premier has nothing to do with dietary wants.

Yes, you may order as many appetizers/starters as you would like in the MDR.

A little trickier for the specialty restaurants since you are "supposed to" choose one from each group.  But, given the right waiter + being "really" nice, they may accommodate your modifications.  

A vegetarian/pescatarian cabin mate joined me at the Crown Grill.  Obviously, it is a steakhouse.  Cabin mate was able to get an extra servings of all the stuff that could be eaten (extra mushrooms, more asparagus, any available topping for the baked potato....etc).  Similar at Sabatini's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are correct, Premier has nothing to do with dietary wants.

Yes, you may order as many appetizers/starters as you would like in the MDR.

A little trickier for the specialty restaurants since you are "supposed to" choose one from each group.  But, given the right waiter + being "really" nice, they may accommodate your modifications.  

A vegetarian/pescatarian cabin mate joined me at the Crown Grill.  Obviously, it is a steakhouse.  Cabin mate was able to get an extra servings of all the stuff that could be eaten (extra mushrooms, more asparagus, any available topping for the baked potato....etc).  Similar at Sabatini's.

Thank you!  It will work out great for me based on seeing some of these menus if I can get like 3-4 of the starters for dinner and skip the main courses.  Now if they have GF breads will work out even better.  I will try to look at the menus for Crown and the Italian place more closely if we’re supposed to get one thing from each section.  And will take advice on the server.  Thanks!  

I have been on princess discovery recently and I truly believe that would not be a problem because it would save them money on their end. Salad, soup and escargot instead of a ribeye? No don't think they will have a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CPs4591 said:

Hi so again, sorry haven’t been on a ship this big for 20+ years so don’t know if this is dumb.  We have Premier package.  When we eat in the MDR can I eat only unlimited appetizers/starters rather than any mains (maybe Premier is irrelevant to this)?  The reason I ask is I have been looking at some of the menus the “Live” people are posting, and even though not our ship (we’re on Coral) I notice as someone with dietary restrictions I find 75% of the starters would be great for me to eat.  So can I just have a bunch of those and not order a main for my dinner?  Sorry so clueless.

Some of the mains will probably be OK for you also. With dietary restrictions, ask to speak with the dining room manager (aka head waiter) on your first night in the MDR. They are trained in handling dietary restrictions. Each evening, you will place your dinner order for the next day (and your lunch order if it's a sea day) with the dining room manager - not with your waiter. He will have some options you don't see on the menu. With the one-day advance notice, they will be able to modify some of the selections to meet your constraints. For example, they may remove sauce from a main to make it gluten-free. I recommend you eat in the same MDR every evening so you are dealing with the same dining room manager (although it's not actually required). Also tell your dining room manager when you plan to eat in a specalty restaurant, and he can help modify their menu to meet your restrictions.