Solo on RSSC

Do solo passengers have a cocktail hour on voyages ? Are there are hosted tables etc. ? How is it as a Solo passenger on Regent ? Seabourn has hosted tables and Silversea has a cocktail hour that is popular if there are a group of solo passengers on board . Inquiring minds want to know . 😊

Regent is great for solos - there is a hosted get together at 6:45pm in one of the lounges and then option to dine together.  I have travel solo on many cruise lines but have found RSSC the most welcoming.  

• Like 2

Sounds good ! I am someone who likes to socialize and will join in the fun . The voyage I am looking at though does not have a good Single Supplement but it is a voyage that I like regardless .

I have traveled solo on Regent four times and it is one of the reasons I stay with Regent.  In 2019 I was on the Navigator for the last two segments of the world cruise and many of the solos were world cruise people, this was shortly after my wife died and they made me feel comfortable and welcome.  The next cruise was on the Voyager in 2022 where for the first segment there were two to three solos and due to Covid restrictions the Social Hostess was required to wear a mask and could not eat or drink with us. We still had good conversations, but it was not until the later segments when we got more solos that we normally ae together.  The Japan to Vancouver cruise on the Explorer in 2023 was close to perfect with six to ten in the solo group and no health restrictions.  This past winter the cruise on the Voyager had a very large number of solos, but most of the segments were restricted by concerns over stomach flu which again kept the Social Hostess from being able to eat with us.

The advantages of the solo program are that it is a comfortable way to meet people and that the Social Hostess has contacts which allow you to meet some of the speakers and the performers, along with being able to call and sometimes get you space in a specialty restaurant at the last minute.  The disadvantages, for me, have been that when you are at a table for six or eight the meal takes much longer to be served, if someone makes a special request for wine or change to how the menu item is cooked the entire table has to wait, it can get a bit load with a large group (which ends my hearing aid into overload), and that some of the solos at times lose track of other people in the group (such as stopping eating to check a picture while everyone else is waiting for them to finish so the next course can be served). 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm not a single but we've befriended singles in the past. No need to just stick with other solo travelers. Trivia, excursions and shared tables are good for facilitating mingling. Many couples are not joined at the hip.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

Agree with Wendy.

we travel with adult children but welcome interaction with all. Have met plenty of people around the pool, in bars etc 
We met a couple whose husband enjoyed trivia but his wife didn’t, he joined us daily. Also met a mum travelling with her son …….she was never with him as well as a Solo. 
Excursions are a great way to get to know people. 

• Like 2