Voyager experiencing mechanical problems

Voyager left Cádiz yesterday sailing to Barcelona. Had to return shortly after sailing due to mechanical issues. As of one hour ago, it was still docked in Cádiz.

Posted (edited)

There is a discussion of the Voyager situation over on FB in the RSSC Social Club Group.  One guest on board has already been in touch with their TA.  Regent is apparently evaluating the options as a result of a delayed arrival in Barcelona.  Lots of rebooking in store, it would seem.

Edited by RJ2002

There was discussion on another thread not long ago about delayed arrival into port.  I usually fly home in the afternoon of the day the ship docks.  Voyager’s dilemma is another warning to book a hotel for disembarkation day and fly home the following day.  Never hurts to have a day’s buffer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Port Power said:

There was discussion on another thread not long ago about delayed arrival into port.  I usually fly home in the afternoon of the day the ship docks.  Voyager’s dilemma is another warning to book a hotel for disembarkation day and fly home the following day.  Never hurts to have a day’s buffer.

Agree - I always stay a couple of nights just for the peace of mind as well as coming in a day to three early.  Usually most of the embarkation/debarkation ports have very interesting things to do and I don't feel the travel lag as much.  

And it's a bit of a nightmare for passengers (like us) already in Barcelona anticipating embarkation.  Regent sent a notification about an hour ago saying that they were working on alternate hotel arrangements and to hold tight.  For sure, embarkation will not happen tomorrow as planned. Arrived in Barcelona yesterday.  Barcelona is a magnificent City, and whatever time is spent here will be thoroughly enjoyed.  In the end it will be a great adventure no matter what.  Hey, I'm not home, and whatever happens tomorrow it's a new experience! 

• Like 13

I see Voyager is now en route to Barcelona but will arrive a day late. Does anyone know the nature of the mechanical problem that caused this? I only ask as my ship tracking app shows Voyager making a series of loops outside Cadiz both before it returned to Cadiz and on its way out again. I just wondered (and most sincerely hope I'm wrong) if that is the kind of manoeuvre that would be made if someone had gone overboard?

Posted (edited)

I believe it was described as a 'technical fault' and read that the Captain made mention of 'sea trials' which could explain the manoeuvres.

Edited by Gilly
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, PacificView said:

And it's a bit of a nightmare for passengers (like us) already in Barcelona anticipating embarkation.  Regent sent a notification about an hour ago saying that they were working on alternate hotel arrangements and to hold tight.  For sure, embarkation will not happen tomorrow as planned. Arrived in Barcelona yesterday.  Barcelona is a magnificent City, and whatever time is spent here will be thoroughly enjoyed.  In the end it will be a great adventure no matter what.  Hey, I'm not home, and whatever happens tomorrow it's a new experience! 

DH and I love Barcelona!  We have visited several times, and cannot get enough of its architectural wonders, from the Roman to the Medieval to the playful Modernisme.  Its museums are incredible, and the shopping there is a lot of fun (the fashion often echoes the architecture).  And then there is the food.  Oh, my goodness!  From simple tapas bars to high-end restaurants, the food everywhere is delicious, made with the freshest of ingredients.  Enjoy!

10 hours ago, ysolde said:

DH and I love Barcelona!  We have visited several times, and cannot get enough of its architectural wonders, from the Roman to the Medieval to the playful Modernisme.  Its museums are incredible, and the shopping there is a lot of fun (the fashion often echoes the architecture).  And then there is the food.  Oh, my goodness!  From simple tapas bars to high-end restaurants, the food everywhere is delicious, made with the freshest of ingredients.  Enjoy!

Great clubs too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Great clubs too!

Might have been somber this past evening as Barca got trounced at home by PSG and out of the champions tourney