Are Aft Cabins on Deck 8 of Sun Noisy?

I have another question for those who have sailed on the Norwegian Sun.  We are currently booked in an aft cabin on Deck 8 that appears to be directly above the Theatre.  Has anyone traveled in one of these cabins previously and can you share your experience with noise level? My research showed there may be shows in the theater at 7:30 and again at 9:30.  Thanks in advance for any advice, experience or input you can provide.

52 minutes ago, Lindy Sue said:

I have another question for those who have sailed on the Norwegian Sun.  We are currently booked in an aft cabin on Deck 8 that appears to be directly above the Theatre.  Has anyone traveled in one of these cabins previously and can you share your experience with noise level? My research showed there may be shows in the theater at 7:30 and again at 9:30.  Thanks in advance for any advice, experience or input you can provide.

Remember that rehearses take place during the day for the various shows.  Might be noticeable and might not be. 

58 minutes ago, Lindy Sue said:

I would move, it is likely to be loud until at least 11 at night, and there can be rehearsals at anytime including during the night depending on the cast’s schedule 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Remember that rehearses take place during the day for the various shows.  Might be noticeable and might not be. 

Thanks for the reminder. Having our TA check about moving, but looks like we may be stuck now. We will make the most of it whatever happens. 😀

47 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I would move, it is likely to be loud until at least 11 at night, and there can be rehearsals at anytime including during the night depending on the cast’s schedule 

Thank you for the advice. I’ve reached out to our TA, but we may be out of luck now. Looks like all Aft Cabins in our category are sold out. Whatever happens, we will make the best of it and have. Wonderful time. 😀

When I am ready to book a cruise, I always check the website deck plans and choose a cabin with NO public spaces above or below me and as close to the middle of the ship as possible (much smoother ride most of the time).

The Sun is a unique small ship.

Enjoy your cruise

16 hours ago, www3traveler said:

When I am ready to book a cruise, I always check the website deck plans and choose a cabin with NO public spaces above or below me and as close to the middle of the ship as possible (much smoother ride most of the time).

The Sun is a unique small ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you.  We love the aft cabins especially when it comes to areas of the world with stunning vistas and views.  I know the ride may not be quite as smooth as the middle, but its worth the views.  Fortunately, we have sailed on smaller ships (Oceania), so we are used to it.  I didn't bother to look at the deck plans because this is the first time I've encountered the theater being at the rear of the ship and on upper levels.  Lesson learned!  Thank you for the wise advice of checking the deck plans BEFORE choosing a cabin. Cheers!