Laundry turnaround time

Mousear1

Hello!

I understand that suite passengers get free laundry service. Since I’m in a suite (for the first and probably last time!), I’d like to take advantage of it.

I’m planning my family’s clothes for our May 8th cruise to Alaska. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your clean laundry back? I don’t want to bring excessive clothes if I can get some done on the ship.

Thank you so very much for helping me with this!

Generally if you get it in before 9 a.m. it will be returned the afternoon/evening of the following day. That can slow down on a longer cruise as it gets further along, especially if there are a lot of Elite passengers on board, but from what I understand, suite passengers get priority so you should expect prompt service. It’s a great benefit and very helpful when packing for longer cruises or cold weather cruises like Alaska where you may be bringing heavier clothes. 

We only book the suites and if we put out our laundry as we go to dinner, it usually comes back the next night.  It is usually in the room when we return from dinner or the show the following night after turndown service.  Princess recommends 3 days, but ours has never taken that long.

Will all of your family members be in a suite(s)?

99% of the time, if your steward gets the laundry bag down to the correct station by 9 AM (you need to check the express box in the upper right hand corner), you will get it back in the evening.  Safest to leave it on your bed for turndown service the night before.  

Everyone one says “first and last time” in a suite.  You’ll be back.

On the Ruby right now lots of elites. They are saying 72 hour turnaround and our stewardess has told us that suites are prioritized but I would expect around 24-36 hours and I cannot complain about that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mousear1 said:

Hello!

I understand that suite passengers get free laundry service. Since I’m in a suite (for the first and probably last time!), I’d like to take advantage of it.

I’m planning my family’s clothes for our May 8th cruise to Alaska. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your clean laundry back? I don’t want to bring excessive clothes if I can get some done on the ship.

Thank you so very much for helping me with this!

DW and I can get our clothes for as long as we travel in a 26" case and a carryon.  Usually send laundry out once in a 7 day cruise as can wear many things more than once.  If we run short - usually underwear - easy to wash in the sink using a bit of shampoo (it rinses out easily).  Put a clean towel on the floor, roll the clothing up in the towel and walk on the towel.   Then hang on a hanger.  Almost always dry over night.  Jeans 2 nights.

• Like 1