Another Stingray City Question (Capt. Bryan's)

ElBano

Hi,

I have booked Capt. Bryan's in June. We will be arriving on the Mariner. Our tour is from 10:30-1:30. I have wondering about the whole time thing (boat time, day-light savings time, etc.). Will we have enough time to get back to the boat? I keep seeing stuff about how long the tender lines are. Can someone that has done this please let me keep my mind at ease.

Thanks,

You should have plenty of time. While Carnival never recommends independent tour operators, since they cut into their profits, these companies know when the ships depart and will get you back in time.

I agree. The major independent tour operators are licensed, know the cruise ship and "traffic" schedule and are more reasonable than a ship's tour. Of course they can't account for accidents, flat tires, or late arriving ships. They base their reputation on providing a good tour safely. I wouldn't just jump into a taxi or book once on shore, but make a plan before sailing. If they need a credit card to hold you space that is reasonable, but ask questions as to "when your cc is charged for the tour". Most tour providers know port stops to GC can and do get cancelled.

Bon Voyage.

We did this tour and had time to do a little shopping and have a leisurely lunch, and then go back to the ship for quite a while before it sailed. Our ship sailed at 5 p.m., so I am sure you will have plenty of time.

Here is a link to our pictures from that day: http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=530801710&security=NJTzFf

Have a great cruise!

Archived