QM2 fitness center hours?

Tattycoram

It's our first trip on the QM2 and we aren't picky, so I'm mostly asking this question out of curiosity.

I booked a cabin fairly late for a July TA this summer, and there weren't many Oceanview cabins left.  We'll be in 6025 which according to the deck plan I've been looking at seems to be pretty much right under the fitness center.  I saw a CC thread from 2017 where people were trying to figure out if the fitness center opened at 6 or 8 am, and the commentators there seemed to think there were NO cabins under the fitness center.  

Am I reading the deck plan wrong?  Were they?  Did something change between 2017 and 2024?  Obviously it would be nicer not to hear people more energetic than I am dropping weights early in the morning!  But I'm not planning to complain--I'm just puzzled about this discrepancy.

Posted (edited)

I can't help you with the hours, but you are close to the fitness center, not under it. You are kind of under where near the entrance to it would be and the relaxation lounge area of the spa.

Edited by Jim_P

You've already been assured that you are not under the gym.

It does seem to open at 6 am every day. We're discussing going before breakfast rather than after, to make sure we don't miss any dance sessions and to prolong our fast from dinner the previous night. We've found that's a key to keeping weight off.

But it's not really a gym where you would expect folk to drop weights. I don't think there are any barbell style weights that a few guys load up heavily, struggle to lift then let drop to ground. All the free weights are dumbbells and they don't usually get dropped.

Otherwise it's mainly cardio or resistance machines and they shouldn't bang the floor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BklynBoy8 said:

As of our past sailing we saw 8AM to 8PM on Deck 7, Forward as stated in the Daily Program.

It must vary on different sailings.

In programmes posted here for Sept 22nd to 28th 2023 it was 6am to 8pm every day.

On our June 2022 sailing it was 8am to 8pm.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 2:35 PM, D&N said:

You've already been assured that you are not under the gym.

It does seem to open at 6 am every day. We're discussing going before breakfast rather than after, to make sure we don't miss any dance sessions and to prolong our fast from dinner the previous night. We've found that's a key to keeping weight off.

But it's not really a gym where you would expect folk to drop weights. I don't think there are any barbell style weights that a few guys load up heavily, struggle to lift then let drop to ground. All the free weights are dumbbells and they don't usually get dropped.

Otherwise it's mainly cardio or resistance machines and they shouldn't bang the floor.

There are barbells and a power rack but lets not pretend, its very rare that any QM guest is lifting heavy

• Like 2