Booking Brunch @ The Wake

Cloud9 Bob

On my cruise last year brunch @ The Wake was a walk up thing. Now the information says "Brunch is available daily - please book onboard." Do they mean as soon as you arrive onboard and using the app or go directly to the restauraant (may not be open yet) and see someone at the podium, or Sailor Services or Razzle Dazzle? Anyone actually do this yet and can shed some light? Thanks!

Yeah, we've made brunch reservations immediately after boarding.  You CAN do walk up on a space available basis, but if you know when you want to do brunch at The Wake or Razzle Dazzle, you can book it as soon as you board.  If you have a reservation, you will have a seat.  We have never been turned away at RD, but once were turned away at The Wake when doing walk up; they did offer a reservation for the next day.  

You can now book brunch in the app, same as dinner. This changed about 6-12 months ago. Before that it was book onboard. I’ve already got my reservation for brunch on Monday

• Thanks 1

I booked before boarding, the same time as booking my evening dining when reservations opened. This was for a trip completed in January 2024. 

6 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

On my cruise last year brunch @ The Wake was a walk up thing. Now the information says "Brunch is available daily - please book onboard." Do they mean as soon as you arrive onboard and using the app or go directly to the restauraant (may not be open yet) and see someone at the podium, or Sailor Services or Razzle Dazzle? Anyone actually do this yet and can shed some light? Thanks!

I boarded yesterday and immediately upon connecting to the ships wifi was able to book brunch in the Wake every morning at 8 am. Prior to boarding I was limited to only booking one dinner and one brunch for the Wake. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, airhose said:

Can one book a breakfast at 8 and a lunch at 12 on the same day?

its the same menu, effectively brunch. Although I imagine you could eat at Razzle Dazzle at 8 and the Wake 12 and book them onboard. 

Edited by dvt8
update text

Razzle Dazzle books all dining when you are first boarding, after that book at the restaurant host stand or in app. Sailor services does not make dining reservations but they may message a restaurant for you. 

Brunch and breakfast are bookable prior to boarding now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, britincanada said:

We were able to book brunch for our Nov 23 cruise in the app at the same time as dinner reservations. We made sure to book brunch at the The Wake for disembarkation day!

Odd, I've tried several times and they are not showing brunch on our last morning....hoping can grab a slot when we board.  THey don't even show the time as existing; it stops at 12:00am.

12 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I'm having the same experience. Have they blocked booking the last day or is it their way of telling us brunch is full??

I've managed to book brunch in the app for the last day prior to getting onboard. 

15 hours ago, dvt8 said:

I've managed to book brunch in the app for the last day prior to getting onboard. 

Just tried again and when I put in Friday the time only shows 12:00 AM and no other time choice. Very odd

On 4/17/2024 at 11:39 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

You can make brunch reservations in advance through a TA. We do that all the time. In general walk up is not that difficult, but there are some days, especially sea days, where the wait can be a long one without a reservation. Same with Razzle Dazzle.  

On 4/19/2024 at 8:02 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

I'm having the same experience. Have they blocked booking the last day or is it their way of telling us brunch is full??

If you mean Debarkation Day, you can only make that reservation while onboard, not in advance. Once you're on the Ship WiFi you can make brunch reservations for debarkation day. 

1 hour ago, CruisingWalter said:

If you mean Debarkation Day, you can only make that reservation while onboard, not in advance. Once you're on the Ship WiFi you can make brunch reservations for debarkation day. 

I was able to make reservations for The Wake on debarkation day for 9am when I made all my other reservations 45 days out with no problem. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:39 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

I have a cruise upcoming in May, and when my restaurant reservations opened up at the 45min mark, it actually let me make brunch reservations as Wake and Razzle Dazzle, so I did it. I was surprised.

• Like 1

I'm on Scarlet now, and it appears that brunch on disembarkation day is blocked was blocked until on board.  I tried from day 45.....was able to finally book today (first full day of cruise).  It wasn't available right after embarkation.

1 minute ago, zumbaqueen1 said:

What is your favorite brunch food served?

No brainer...Eggs Benedict with orange juice. For some reason The Wakes OJ  tastes better.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 7:45 PM, cantgetin said:

Odd, I've tried several times and they are not showing brunch on our last morning....hoping can grab a slot when we board.  THey don't even show the time as existing; it stops at 12:00am.

I hope you are able to get a booking! Bon voyage!