Aus the fourth-largest cruise market

6 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

If Australia is a lucrative cruise market, why aren’t there more ships based here year round?

It's possible Anthem will stay in Sydney all year round in a couple of years time as her last scheduled cruise isn't the usual repositioning cruise, but a return to Sydney in April 2026.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colourbird said:

It's possible Anthem will stay in Sydney all year round in a couple of years time as her last scheduled cruise isn't the usual repositioning cruise, but a return to Sydney in April 2026.

Lelepa may be up and running by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, colourbird said:

I thought RCCL would have also had the transpacific reposition cruises released at the time of the AU 2026 season end, however RCCL has not released any cruises past April 2026. In the past the Ovation has repositioned to Alaska for the season, and the last 2 years they have had 2  Quantum ships there as well as 2 Radiance class. I cannot see Ovation going back to Alaska in 2026, I think it will remain in Asia, however I cannot see where they will downgrade the premium Alaska, so I think Anthem will continue with the current rotation. It will be interesting to see if they do move Quantum to Alaska in 2026.

My feeling is if any ship will be based in Australia year-round then it will be Voyager.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You may be right, especially as tendering will be needed for the ports (south pacific) over winter.

Doesn't explain why they aren't selling the repositioning cruise for Anthem then. 

Carnival Splendor is doing a cruise from Sydney to Singapore via Indonesia this winter, then back again to Sydney in late August.  This is a change from the usual NZ and Pacific Islands offerings, but apparently because it is scheduled to dry dock in Singapore between these two cruises.

• Like 2