Explora email: "Personalize your Onboard Preferences"

RJ2002

Posted (edited)

We have our first Explora 'journey' coming up soon, and have recently received an email from Explora regarding our onboard preferences.   One of the items was this:

WELCOME TOASTS AND BEVERAGES

Toasting the launch of a sea-faring journey is a long-held maritime tradition. So, to help you begin your journey in style, please let us know about your beverages of choice.

Share Your Preferences >

When I log on to the Explora website and access my booking, I am getting a message to contact my travel advisor or Explora to make selections.   I am guessing these are beverage preferences for our suite (we are in a Penthouse).   Does anyone know if this includes both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages?   Are we able to request full bottles of spirits, or is it just the mini bottles?  Can you request a bottle of wine for the suite?

Thanks for any guidance.

Edited by RJ2002
typo

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

We have our first Explora 'journey' coming up soon, and have recently received an email from Explora regarding our onboard preferences.   One of the items was this:

WELCOME TOASTS AND BEVERAGES

Toasting the launch of a sea-faring journey is a long-held maritime tradition. So, to help you begin your journey in style, please let us know about your beverages of choice.

Share Your Preferences >

When I log on to the Explora website and access my booking, I am getting a message to contact my travel advisor or Explora to make selections.   I am guessing these are beverage preferences for our suite (we are in a Penthouse).   Does anyone know if this includes both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages?   Are we able to request full bottles of spirits, or is it just the mini bottles?  Can you request a bottle of wine for the suite?

Thanks for any guidance.

We have sailed twice in a Penthouse over the last few months and my advice is .... don't worry about it!  You cabin attendant will leave a form in the room for your alcoholic preferences and they will appear in due course. The sizes will range from 200 cc to 1 L and will be replenished if consumed.  Obviously, you can tell him or her what you want ... they really want to make you happy!

Of course, they will do the same for juices, mixers and pop.

As for wine - we ordered lunch one day from Room Service and asked if it was possible to get a glass of wine. The operator said "wouldn't you much rather have the bottle?".

I complimented her on reading my mind!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Dr. Cocktail just ask for what you want when you get on board. They offer one bottle of alcohol from a list and one bottle of wine replenished as needed. We didn’t even open our bottle of gin.  By the second evening, the bar waiters in different venues knew our drink orders and we had them fighting over us (in the best way possible) to get us our drinks as often as we liked.  My very old school in-laws that travelled with us were so impressed with the service and we especially appreciated the restaurant waitstaff not removing anyone’s dinner plate until everyone was finished eating. You don’t find that in most restaurants anymore and that is a sign of excellent  training and we most definitely appreciated it. 

• Thanks 1

This has seemed like a useless exercise on many cruiselines, even hotels.  When talking with our room attendants/butlers on the first day, and mentioning that we completed the pre-arranging form, we get words to the effect "we never see that information".  We now just make our requests on the first day, as others have recommended.