Transferring B2B bookings to a single cruise

Just an idle wonder - I have two weeks booked on Iona in July 2025, back to back but they are as I understand it two totally separate bookings. If I wanted to transfer the booking to a 2 week sailing on Britannia in the same month, would I be able to do this with both weeks or would I lose the deposit on one of them? 

I should have said - both the bookings are a select fare. 

What I’m asking is can I transfer the deposits for two one week cruises to a single two week cruise? Or would I only be able to transfer one and have to forfeit the other? If going on the two week Britannia cruise I wouldn’t want to go on either of the one week Iona cruises - the dates clash. 

1 hour ago, frozenflowers said:

What I’m asking is can I transfer the deposits for two one week cruises to a single two week cruise?

The only ones that can give a definitive answer are P&O

40 minutes ago, david63 said:

The only ones that can give a definitive answer are P&O

This is true, but you are a long time into the future, your fare basis is acceptable and length of cruises similar.  I think you have a good chance of success.

Regards John

• Haha 2

The other thing to think about is that the deposit can only be transferred to a cruise that has a later start date than the original one that is booked. 

48 minutes ago, EM35 said:

The other thing to think about is that the deposit can only be transferred to a cruise that has a later start date than the original one that is booked. 

Doesn't it also have to be within 12months of the original cruise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Doesn't it also have to be within 12months of the original cruise.

I think so yes but am not 100% sure. I just know I tried to move a booking but because the new cruise I wanted started before the one I had booked ended I couldn't do it. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 6:44 PM, frozenflowers said:

Just an idle wonder - I have two weeks booked on Iona in July 2025, back to back but they are as I understand it two totally separate bookings. If I wanted to transfer the booking to a 2 week sailing on Britannia in the same month, would I be able to do this with both weeks or would I lose the deposit on one of them? 

No you have to transfer to two separate bookings before balance payment date.  Need the cruises to be of a higher price and more than a year after the original booking start date and they have to have been select bookings, not saver.

We are in that situation ourselves, having booked a cruise with another cruise line about a month ago which clashes with b2b Azura bookings.  I was pretty sure they were the rules as we have had to adhere to them in the past, but did ask about a week ago and had those criteria confirmed, especially having to be two separate cruises, (though of course could be more b2b's).  Our Azura cruises are not until late next summer, so we have a while to think about what we want to book instead.  Of course you can change the cruises one at a time and leave the other a bit longer, as long as you do not pass balance payment date.

Could always double check yourself, but think it was correct about a week ago.

Edit

One other point is that you can only transfer a cruise once, so important to check you choose a cruise you are sure about.

Edited by tring

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EM35 said:

I do not think that is the case, I think we have changed to an earlier date in the past, but had to be to another select fare, cannot change to a saver fare and cannot be more than a year after the original booking.

Edited by tring

22 hours ago, john watson said:

This is true, but you are a long time into the future, your fare basis is acceptable and length of cruises similar.  I think you have a good chance of success.

Regards John

We had tried that in the past and we were not allowed. 

8 hours ago, tring said:

No you have to transfer to two separate bookings before balance payment date.  Need the cruises to be of a higher price and more than a year after the original booking start date and they have to have been select bookings, not saver.

We are in that situation ourselves, having booked a cruise with another cruise line about a month ago which clashes with b2b Azura bookings.  I was pretty sure they were the rules as we have had to adhere to them in the past, but did ask about a week ago and had those criteria confirmed, especially having to be two separate cruises, (though of course could be more b2b's).  Our Azura cruises are not until late next summer, so we have a while to think about what we want to book instead.  Of course you can change the cruises one at a time and leave the other a bit longer, as long as you do not pass balance payment date.

Could always double check yourself, but think it was correct about a week ago.

Edit

One other point is that you can only transfer a cruise once, so important to check you choose a cruise you are sure about.

Thanks! I thought this would probably be the case!

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the transfer being in the future. I recently transferred the balance for a 2025 Cunard cruise to a 2024 cruise without any problems and with things like this P&O and Cunard are in step.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david63 said:

I'm not sure about the transfer being in the future. I recently transferred the balance for a 2025 Cunard cruise to a 2024 cruise without any problems and with things like this P&O and Cunard are in step.

Yes, I am pretty sure you are right on that as I had mentioned above.  We have recently seen the T&C's on the P&O website as well, but not got link to hand and busy today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 6:24 PM, EM35 said:

Now clarified this with an onboard sales rep yesterday.  The cruise you transfer to has to be within 1 year of the original cruise start date.  That means a cruise cannot be more than one year before, or after that date.  So there is some restriction if you want to book an earlier cruise, but can still book something up to a year ahead. 

Sadly that just misses a cruise we wanted to transfer one of ours to by about three weeks.  Oh well have to think again, but plenty of time until our balance due date of June 2025.