Live From the Grand Princess, 22-Day Alaska B2B, Apr 30 - May 22

6 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Yes it's a Princess excursion bookable in the Personalizer. I've heard ice can be a problem but it wasn't for our trip at all. It's run by Allen Marine and they did a great job. The boat was sold out but not crowded at all. There was plenty of room for seating and pictures on the open decks. It's been a highlight of our cruise!

Right now we're in the Princess Theatre to see Libby Riddles' presentation. 

Thanks and have fun on your cruise!!!

• Thanks 1

Ken, I want to thank you for your honest assessment of a 14 day cruisetour being part moving from one hotel to another to another with some waiting around in the land portion.  I had actually thought of that.  No, the 3 week is not in my allotment time away from work, but I am not that far away from retirement and the remaining years will pass quickly I am told.  Perhaps the 14 day cruise will fit the ticket and then return to a land only two week trip in the future.  ( after the Denali Park Road opens fully ).  

Others who responded, I also appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Much good advice.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MtnSeaGirl said:

Perhaps the 14 day cruise will fit the ticket and then return to a land only two week trip in the future.  ( after the Denali Park Road opens fully ).  

We did an 8 day land tour last week and are now on a 7 day southbound cruise. FYI we did the Denali Tundra Wilderness tour last week (highly recommend!) and they told us the bridge completion date is now 2027 or later. I wouldn't base your trip on that date. We have no regrets about coming now and the TWT was a highlight of our trip! We saw grizzly, caribou, dall sheep, fox, moose, and birds. Our tour was almost 6 hours and we had a great guide.

• Like 2

First let me thank you again for the wonder pictures and taking us with you on this cruise. Have been 3 times now must return.

I have a question as you have been on the Grand lately. Did you use the Lotus pool? Was it open from the outside like most other ships or was access through the spa? I'm curious because the deck plans show the teen and kids clubs at this area as well and we love the lotus pool but really don't want a group of teens jumping in this small area. I like seeing kids have fun, but it is generally small and I just want to think about other options in early mornings or after dinner when we don't bother with a show.

Thanks again

24 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

First let me thank you again for the wonder pictures and taking us with you on this cruise. Have been 3 times now must return.

I have a question as you have been on the Grand lately. Did you use the Lotus pool? Was it open from the outside like most other ships or was access through the spa? I'm curious because the deck plans show the teen and kids clubs at this area as well and we love the lotus pool but really don't want a group of teens jumping in this small area. I like seeing kids have fun, but it is generally small and I just want to think about other options in early mornings or after dinner when we don't bother with a show.

Thanks again

Thanks! Unfortunately, we neither used the Lotus Pool nor even surveyed that area of the ship to see if anyone else was using it. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! Unfortunately, we neither used the Lotus Pool nor even surveyed that area of the ship to see if anyone else was using it. Sorry.

Thanks for your quick response.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Just saw recent listing of casual dining. Question is it true to say only two places on the Grand, Vines and Alfredos?

Thanks

Almost every grand class ships have only 2 casual venues unless the do some pop ups

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

is it true to say only two places on the Grand, Vines and Alfredos?

The GastroPub is hosted in Crown Grill on sea days as I recall.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, we didn't take part in any of the Casual Dining venues while we were on the Grand. We tried Vines for lunch when we were recently on the Sapphire and subsequently determined Casual Dining venues weren't so "casual". Basically, the one time we went for lunch there on a port day, there were just too many people, all presumably with the Plus or Premium package, returning from their shore excursions with only two servers to deal with all of the 3-course meals at various stages being ordered. For us after that it was just easier to head to the buffet if we were back on the ship around lunch time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unfortunately, we didn't take part in any of the Casual Dining venues while we were on the Grand. We tried Vines for lunch when we were recently on the Sapphire and subsequently determined Casual Dining venues weren't so "casual". Basically, the one time we went for lunch there on a port day, there were just too many people, all presumably with the Plus or Premium package, returning from their shore excursions with only two servers to deal with all of the 3-course meals at various stages being ordered. For us after that it was just easier to head to the buffet if we were back on the ship around lunch time.

We have ten sea days so maybe there will be more than cold cut with cheese or pizza. I like both but can get my own meat and cheese plate in the buffet and I like the pizza on Lido deck. 

Thanks

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 9:51 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks again

Currently sailing in Grand Princess.  The Lotus pool is for adults only, and it is accessed from the outside or through the spa.

IMG_1640-compressed.thumb.jpeg.4df7e4cd5bcc4bceac187c572e04f23c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...