Motion sickness and window seat while dining

Hi all,

My dd gets motion sickness while riding in cars. Dramamine is her go-to. Is this something that she should be concerned with while on the ship? Just wondering if we will be able to sit at the window and enjoy our meals. Thank you.

Window seating is something you can request.  If you're My Time Dining, you may have to wait a bit depending on when you go. For seated dining your best bet is to contact the maitre d' on boarding and make your request.

Personally I don't think the ships have that much motion unless in a storm and even then it's not bad. But many folks are just the opposite, so Dramamine or Bonamine is a requirement.

Our adult daughter does not have motion sickness in cars BUT she did get queasy when sitting at a window dining table with her back to the front of the ship (backwards?? 🤔). It didn't bother her to sit forward.

• Like 1

Motion sickness and seasickness are different things. On most large, modern ships you’d hardly know you’re moving so motion sickness isn’t an issue.

The thing people do tend to have an issue with is the pitching and rolling of the ship if the sea’s rough. It can be a weird sensation if you’re not used to it.

The best way to deal with seasickness is to PREVENT seasickness.   I use Meclazine 25 mg (also known as Bonine) every 12 hours, beginning the day before we cruise.  I also bring ginger capsules in case I do feel queazy, but have only had to use them once in the open Atlantic on one of my 14 cruises. 

• Like 1

My niece is fine in cars but had an issue in the dining room while seated near the window.  We had a table for 6 so were just able to put her in a seat facing away from the window and into the dining room and that was all it took.  She was fine....

• Like 1

Depending on the time of the year when you sail , it could be dark outside which may take away the appeal of a window seat.