Transferring your MNVV to another?

Cloud9 Bob

You basically have 2 options.  You can buy it on board in another person's name (you'll need all their info, credit card number, etc.). Or you can buy it in your name and call VV to do the transfer.  In that case, the money issue is on you--you paid $300 for it.  You can give it to the other person or collect that $300 from them.  VV doesn't get in the middle of that.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:24 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

I was wondering if anyone has done this without the assistance of a TA. What did you do? How did it go?

It's easier with a TA, but you just have to call Sailor Services to have it transferred. Keep in mind you are only allowed one transfer. If that person decides they cannot go on the cruise and has to cancel, the benefits of the MNVV are lost, it cannot be transferred to anyone else. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:22 AM, cantgetin said:

You basically have 2 options.  You can buy it on board in another person's name (you'll need all their info, credit card number, etc.). Or you can buy it in your name and call VV to do the transfer.  In that case, the money issue is on you--you paid $300 for it.  You can give it to the other person or collect that $300 from them.  VV doesn't get in the middle of that.  

I'm not sure if you can still buy in another person's name using their credit card info.  I know that TAs can no longer do this.  Not sure about regular folk.  

Posted (edited)

Probably  the easiest way is to find a TA who has a client who wants one.  If the TA books lots of Virgin we can usually find someone for it in a few days or weeks. Then you call Virgin and keep your name on it but have the TA added as the TA. Then either the TA or the client reimburses you the $300 and the TA arranged to replace your name with the new client's. 

When I have done this I warn the new person that it cannot be transferred again so they need to be sure!

Edited by Gretchendz

On 4/23/2024 at 9:22 AM, cantgetin said:

You can buy it on board in another person's name (you'll need all their info, credit card number, etc.).

To my knowledge you cannot do this any longer. When they first started they allowed TAs to do this, but on the slide. It was never allowed, they just looked the other way for a long time. But last year when I purchased a bunch they told me it had to be the Sailor's credit card who was sitting there making the purchases. 

• Like 1