Confused about stockperks

5 hours ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

Is it only an app?  Can I go to a website?

Just an app.  Kind of a 2-step process.  After StockPerks confirms your eligibility, then you use the app to submit a shareholder OBC request to Carnival. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, linz98144 said:

Oh is this where it went? 

Do you have a link to the app? Thanks

it's an app, you install it on your phone...go to the app store on your device and search for stockperks...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, linz98144 said:

So that did not work at all. Anyone else get this error message? 

Screenshot_20240427_072611_Stockperks.jpg

After you upload your documents, it takes about 7-14 days for them to verify.  Once they do, you will click "Redeem Perk".  Then they will determine if eligible.  

• Like 1

What is nice is that once StockPerks verifies your shares, then you can use their App to redeem all cruises going forward ( currently, for cruises through Dec 2024 ).  I had booked a couple more cruises later and was able to easily redeem my shareholder OBC for those cruises.  Previously, I would have had to send in a new request to Carnival for each newly booked cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stingray310 said:

Does anyone know how often you will need to update stockperks to verify that you still have shares? Is it yearly, semi annually or quarterly or how is that going to work?

Theoretically, if you link with Plaid then there is no need to verify - they can get the information directly from your broker. 

On 4/29/2024 at 4:56 PM, mz-s said:

Theoretically, if you link with Plaid then there is no need to verify - they can get the information directly from your broker. 

That's why I am asking, because I only submitted a pdf of my Account Statement with my account numbers blacked out. So theoretically they should not be able access my account information unless they can verify it somehow with only my name and address. 

1 hour ago, stingray310 said:

That's why I am asking, because I only submitted a pdf of my Account Statement with my account numbers blacked out. So theoretically they should not be able access my account information unless they can verify it somehow with only my name and address. 

I see. I don't know in that case.

• Like 1