Question about travel time USA to Australia

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Check what deals the cruise line is offering for your flight. Sometimes it can work out cheaper than booking direct with the airline. For example we got a business class fare Sydney to Auckland on Qatar, which codeshares with Qantas, at only a little more than Qantas wanted for an economy seat on the same flight. The Qantas business class fare for that flight was several hundred dollars more.

We're waiting for the airfare to open up for our cruise.  We've gotten good deals that way also.

Thanks

For us the long haul is about a month before the cruise and to a different country. Although there is the flight from Melbourne to Auckland, also a few days before the cruise. We will most likely use Air New Zealand for that flight. Everything about the Air New Zealand "Business Class" is just strange, best to stick with "Premium Economy" for that relatively short flight.

• Like 2

We’ve done Vancouver to Sydney/Brisbane three times in Economy.   We have always booked the bulkhead for extra leg room.  Not sure I could get DH to do it in any other economy seat.   Helps a lot that no one recline into you.  

My advice for what it's worth, fly Business or at very least Premium Economy.  Crikey if you have to sell someone's kidney to do so, just do it!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

We’ve done Vancouver to Sydney/Brisbane three times in Economy.   We have always booked the bulkhead for extra leg room.  Not sure I could get DH to do it in any other economy seat.   Helps a lot that no one recline into you.  

Bulkhead with a wall in front of you? So you cannot stretch your legs out?

17 minutes ago, phoenixx said:

Bulkhead with a wall in front of you? So you cannot stretch your legs out?

The wall was a good 2 - 3 feet in front of me. Stretched out fully I could put my foot on the wall.   On Air Canada Dreamliner we had about the same leg room if not more than Premium economy.  

• Like 2