Pier 91, Debarkation, Flight Change

SWA wants to mess with me…they’ve changed our flight for the second time out of SEA (on a Friday for what it’s worth.) We are sailing Celebrity and will do self walk off most likely.  Our flight is now at 1:25 pm (we originally had a much earlier flight so this is good except it’s a bit more time than I’d like.) Was not considering the luggage valet service before but wondering if it makes sense? Also wondering what time we should be off the ship/headed to the airport?  Originally it was haul our butts off the ship as fast as possible and hope we make it to the flight on time so now I’m wondering how leisurely we can be that morning. 🙂

I would definitely look into using Port Valet to have your luggage sent to SeaTac.  With a 1:25 PM flight, you would have time to take a cab or Uber from Pier 91 to Pike Place Market and have breakfast and explore the Market.  If time permits, you could also walk down to the Waterfront from the Market, walk along the water and catch an Uber to SeaTac in time for your flight.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I would definitely look into using Port Valet to have your luggage sent to SeaTac.  With a 1:25 PM flight, you would have time to take a cab or Uber from Pier 91 to Pike Place Market and have breakfast and explore the Market.  If time permits, you could also walk down to the Waterfront from the Market, walk along the water and catch an Uber to SeaTac in time for your flight.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Awesome.  Thank you.  So we could take out time and get booted off the ship? 🙂 We gave both spent time in Seattle and have time precruise as well so heading out sightseeing will depend on how motivated we are before two longish flights home.

Fridays are the busiest day at Pier 91.  The Ovation OTS (4,900+) and the Edge (3K+) are both at Pier 91 on Fridays.  Embarkation is less of a concern because passengers use different entry doors (and lines) to enter the building.  However, during disembarkation, passengers from both ships are leaving the terminal building at the same time looking for the same ground transportation (airport shuttle, taxis, Ubers, friend/family pick-up, etc).  It is quite crowded, and a little chaotic.

IMO, either leave very early (my preference), or very late.  Expect that the latest you could still be on the ship is 9;15 / 9;30 AM.  You still need to be at SeaTac at least two hours before your flight, so make sure you figure that into your new timetable.  

22 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Fridays are the busiest day at Pier 91.  The Ovation OTS (4,900+) and the Edge (3K+) are both at Pier 91 on Fridays.  Embarkation is less of a concern because passengers use different entry doors (and lines) to enter the building.  However, during disembarkation, passengers from both ships are leaving the terminal building at the same time looking for the same ground transportation (airport shuttle, taxis, Ubers, friend/family pick-up, etc).  It is quite crowded, and a little chaotic.

IMO, either leave very early (my preference), or very late.  Expect that the latest you could still be on the ship is 9;15 / 9;30 AM.  You still need to be at SeaTac at least two hours before your flight, so make sure you figure that into your new timetable.  

Flight is 1:25 with TSA Precheck so based on what you’ve shared before we should be good to stay on until 9ish (Sailing on Edge) and still get to SEA with time to spare (especially if we do luggage valet.) Am I correct?

3 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Flight is 1:25 with TSA Precheck so based on what you’ve shared before we should be good to stay on until 9ish (Sailing on Edge) and still get to SEA with time to spare (especially if we do luggage valet.) Am I correct?

If you are going directly to SeaTac after getting off the Edge - you will have time to spare catching a 1:25 PM flight.  

If you are able to take advantage of the free Luggage Valet and want to explore Seattle with just having your carry-on  bag with you (like visiting Pike Place Market), you would still have time to do that, but I would still recommend getting off the Edge on the earlier side, grabbing a taxi or Uber to the Market.  With your TSA pre check, you should still getting to the airport by noon or before.  SeaTac is super busy during the summer months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stating that SEATAC is super busy during the summer months is correct.  Living in Alaska we know that airport well, and it clearly is confusing for those who do not understand the layout of the airport.  When we were there last week (we overnighted in Seattle to break a long flight from Japan) it was a mess with some check-in counters being remodeled and lack of operational elevators.

But just another comment -- if our OP visits Pike Place Market consider taking the light rail out to SEATAC.  Easy peasy.

34 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Stating that SEATAC is super busy during the summer months is correct.  Living in Alaska we know that airport well, and it clearly is confusing for those who do not understand the layout of the airport.  When we were there last week (we overnighted in Seattle to break a long flight from Japan) it was a mess with some check-in counters being remodeled and lack of operational elevators.

But just another comment -- if our OP visits Pike Place Market consider taking the light rail out to SEATAC.  Easy peasy.

Thank you!  We probably will skip Pikes Place as we’ve both been several times and will go before the cruise the week before. Thinking our best bet is to get kicked off the ship and then head to SEATAC.