YaYa beach or Maya Chan or another beach?

Bobug

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Bobug said:

Hello!  Can someone that has recently been to a beach in Costa Maya help me make a decision please? 

When are you sailing? Yaya is in town along with many other beach clubs. maya Chan is out of town and closed in the summer.

Edited by c-leg5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bobug said:

We will be there the end of May

I think Maya Chan closes from June so you probably have the choice of either. 

my decision would be largely based on port time. 

Maya Chan requires you to walk through the whole port area and a short distance outside the port to reach their transport. Then there is a 25 minute ride each way to the location. It is a quieter out of town location with no vendors and more relaxing but sargassum can be an issue so best to ask for photos on day of visit if this is a concern. Mexican buffet lunch and excellent service and individually assigned private palapa area per group.

I haven’t been to Yaya but it is along the main malecon where there are multiple beach bars of various standards and different ambience from loud to quieter depending on preference. Most have gone to an AI model or at least package charge which usually includes lounger and a credit towards food and drink.some are PAYG. Malecon is a 5- 10 minute ride from port but be prepared to be approached by many (non-aggressive) vendors which while harmless can become annoying if you are trying to read or listen to earpods. 

We had decided to try Yaya a couple of years ago but they increased the price on us when we were trying to book and wouldn’t honor original quote so we never went. Let us know how it goes if you choose there as there aren’t many reviews.

Edited by c-leg5

Thank you. 

Out of all of the beaches there where would you recommend going? We are in port 8 hrs or so. There are 11 of us age 64 down to 6.