Sit Down Breakfast in MDR going away?

I normally only eat breakfast in the MDR as I

1. Hate being rushed.

2. Have gotten sick from both cruise and land-based buffets in the past.

I occasionally enjoy a Blue Iguana breakfast burrito if I'm feeling spicy! 🙂

On my Spirit cruise in January, I slept late because I was feeling queasy and went to the buffet because MDR wasn't open. I got a hard-boiled egg, and it was burnt, something I didn't know was possible. It looked fine from the outside, but the egg was actually brown and hard inside. Beats all I've ever seen! Wish I had taken a pic!

On 4/30/2024 at 12:40 PM, mz-s said:

The lunch and dinner buffets aren't bad, the breakfast though is disgusting and it's not just me saying that. Cut up hot dogs passed off as sausage swimming in water, watery green "scrambled egg" food product, ham steaks that are simultaneously burnt and cold, boiled eggs that could be used as cue balls, gummy raw english muffins used for the benedicts. I could go on.

Didn't see any of that on the Carnival Glory transatlantic 14 day cruise that ended yesterday. I couldn't find a $6 room service PB&J, either.

On 5/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Except I posted about the clientele that Carnival attracts on New Orleans cruises (due to the catchment area of cruisers within driving distance), not New Orleanians themselves.  I'm originally from south Louisiana and know all New Orleanians/ Louisianians are not like that. 

In 47 Carnival cruises, I've sailed out of every US homeport except New York, San Francisco, and Norfolk. Approximately 12 of those have been out of New Orleans and I can unequivocally say that the passengers out of New Orleans (not from New Orleans) are some of the 'grossest' and most ill-mannered and uncultured I've seen on any cruises.

I think the grossest passenger I've seen was on a cruise not from New Orleans where a passenger ate off her plate with her fingers while going through the line and kicked her fingers before picking up the next set of rings. When she got to the midpoint, she started swimming upstream against all the passengers coming from the opposite direction insisting they were all going in the wrong direction. 

• Haha 1