Signature help - all my hyperlinks disappeared

I do a review after every cruise. I include a hyperlink to each review in my signature. Yesterday I noticed that all my hyperlinks are gone -- just showing as plain text (the word "review") rather than the link that used to be there. Anyone know how/why this happened, and what I can do to restore the links?

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

I do a review after every cruise. I include a hyperlink to each review in my signature. Yesterday I noticed that all my hyperlinks are gone -- just showing as plain text (the word "review") rather than the link that used to be there. Anyone know how/why this happened, and what I can do to restore the links?

Thanks!

Howdy @luckybecky from a fellow Texan!

Contact help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record to find out if it is a system glitch. Be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply will be sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

It appears you will need to redo the hyperlinks. Go to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/signature/ so you can edit your signature.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this information will be helpful.

Host Kat

• Thanks 1

I emailed the CC help address that was given and have not received a reply. 

I went back and tried to find my old reviews -- a painstaking process -- to update the links in my signature. I could not find the oldest reviews but that's understandable, I guess. They were there before, but gone now.

I'm still wondering why my signature lost all these links and how to avoid this problem in the future. Does anyone know? I hope that most of the review links are appearing correctly now.

1 hour ago, luckybecky said:

I emailed the CC help address that was given and have not received a reply. 

I went back and tried to find my old reviews -- a painstaking process -- to update the links in my signature. I could not find the oldest reviews but that's understandable, I guess. They were there before, but gone now.

I'm still wondering why my signature lost all these links and how to avoid this problem in the future. Does anyone know? I hope that most of the review links are appearing correctly now.

@luckybecky

Congratulations on finding most of the reviews! And most of all... thank you for your hard work! And yes, very old stuff does go bye-bye after a while by being purged. I am not aware of any recent purges. IIRC the last one was years and years ago.

The Administrator will review your email when they can. I say "when they can" because all e-mails to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With 1.9 million members sending e-mails 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any action.

Only the Administrator would know if there was some sort of software glitch that caused your situation. They have a much bigger access to the software than Hosts do and also work with the IT team. Regarding what Hosts can do, note the following from the Who are Community Hosts?  The Community Manager? section in the Guidelines:

"Our Community Hosts oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to move and delete posts & threads, and perform other simple actions..."

Please remember Hosts are non-paid volunteers that work the boards when their real life permits. Most paid Administrators work regular weekday business hours Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. And yes, they do have vacation/sick days.

Hang in there!

Host Kat