MERGED:Does anyone else have the NCL ad pop up from the right on every page?

I just have had this on every page I go to and have to close it to be able to see anything?  I have never had this happen.  Anyone else having this or know why it is happening and how to stop it?

• Like 4

I need help with this problem and it got moved to where it seems no one sees it.

This youtube ad for NCL is VERY DISRUPTIVE and I can't do my usual reading through CC forums.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

As I get older I sometimes (not always) struggle with technology. I usually browse CC on my iPad with no issues. 
This morning an advertisement for NCL keeps popping up, obscuring half of the screen. Occasionally I can close the ad by tapping on the X in the top left corner but mostly this part of the ad if off the screen see (hopefully) attached screenshot. 
Can anyone help?

I'm so frustrated and almost ready to give up on CC!

3649D71A-0DD6-44D9-8D66-0C2174C745C5.png

Edited by Sparky74
I don’t know my left from my right! LOL
  • Like 2

I'm having this problem too. 
This morning an advertisement for NCL keeps popping up, obscuring half of the screen. Occasionally I can close the ad by tapping on the X in the top left corner but mostly this part of the ad if off the screen see (hopefully) attached screenshot. 
Can anyone help?

I'm so frustrated and almost ready to give up on CC!

C8F37930-AB71-4F55-80FE-313AB05024A3.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You are not alone!

Norwegian are shouting from the rooftops promoting their new ship and have obviously given this website a “Bunga” to takeover our screens.

Edited by Bowm54
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Stop that pop up. I get it every single click. Here right now.   I'll leave CC if it doesn't stop and I've been here a while. 

IMG_1407.png

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

You are not alone!

Norwegian are shouting from the rooftops promoting their new ship and have obviously given this website a “Bunga” to takeover our screens.

Well, I’m not happy. I’m disinclined to cruise with them as they’re negatively impacting my CC experience. 
I think I'll write to them 

• Like 6

I am sorry to see you are experiencing the same problem, but no solutions offered so far.  They moved it here where few people come, it seems.  I have had to skip CC because I can't stand this!

It is not just you and so far on the technical forum where a comment was moved to, it's happening to only Australians so far. Or the rest haven't woken up. I'll leave. 

IMG_1408.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if it's happening elsewhere but in Australia we are getting this annoying pop up every single time we click. Just happened in the last hour. Anyone else? Amd yes the thread is on the tech forum as well. 

IMG_1409.png

Edited by Pushka

This annoying ad pops up each time you open a new page. Easy enough to click on the exit "cross", but still annoying. Not surprised it's from NCL, one of my least preferred lines. Likely to get them new  customers? Yeah, I don't think so.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pushka said:

It is not just you and so far on the technical forum where a comment was moved to, it's happening to only Australians so far. Or the rest haven't woken up. I'll leave. 

IMG_1408.png

At least you can click/tap the X in the top left corner. Mines off the screen. 😡

1 minute ago, cruisermsoon said:

This annoying ad pops up each time you open a new page. Easy enough to click on the exit "cross", but still annoying. Not surprised it's from NCL, one of my least preferred lines. Likely to get them new  customers? Yeah, I don't think so.

I can’t access the X. It’s off the screen. 😖

11 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Well, I’m not happy. I’m disinclined to cruise with them as they’re negatively impacting my CC experience. 
I think I'll write to them 

Same thing here. First thing I did was check to see that both my ad blockers were still turned on. They were, maybe I should upgrade to the paid model!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pushka said:

We are all in Australia.  Try Australian boards and post there too. 

I’ve started a thread there. I’ve also emailed NCL. 

resoffice@ncl.com

• Like 1

So, I've just switched to a private VPN so Cruise Critic thinks I'm in the USA. The pop up has gone. They are only doing it to Aussie internet users. Shameful. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I’ve started a thread there. I’ve also emailed NCL. 

resoffice@ncl.com

This is good. I do have a cruise booking with them. It's going to be cancelled now. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

It's only happening in Australia.  I just used a VPN so it looks like I'm in USA. Pop up gone. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pushka said:

So, I've just switched to a private VPN so Cruise Critic thinks I'm in the USA. The pop up has gone. They are only doing it to Aussie internet users. Shameful. 

I have done the same, and switch to the USA. The pop-up is very annoying.

Posted (edited)

I can’t even close the ad as the X in the top left corner is off the screen. I’ve changed my Safari settings (I’m on my iPad) to no avail. 

This is NOT giving me a favourable option of NCL. 😡

F7D46530-FEA5-42E5-9631-1103CD88A2CC.png

Edited by Sparky74
Screenshot