Beaches in Santa Margherita

Softball20

On our upcoming sailing we are going to do a beach day while in port.  I've looked at several - Gio e Rino, Public Beach, and Spiaggia Libera - as well as others. We don't necessarily want to go to Portofino Santa Margherita looks great. We are looking for something local, with food options, and we are fine to take a taxi or walk if there is something close enough.  Any thoughts?  

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Softball20 said:

We don't necessarily want to go to Portofino

sorry, I have no knowledge of beaches there, but I wanted to add to your about Portofino.

I would still consider it as it is so close and so pretty, even should you only spend an hour or so there as it is tiny. You can choose to get there from SML on foot, by public bus, taxi, or ferry.  Should you decide to go, take the ferry at least one of the two directions as it is a truly scenic  15 /20 minute ride with wonderful views of both towns.

But I recommend you dine in SML as Portofino is more expensive with  fewer choices.

Edited by edinburgher

Thanks for the input.  I originally thought we would head right to Portofino, but we will have just come from time in Cinque Terre and Lucca, so it seemed to be a good fit for us to stay put in SML and enjoy the lovely Italian Riviera.   One of the people in my group likely won't get on the ferry, LOL, although walking is always an option.  Too many choices!!  

11 hours ago, Softball20 said:

Thanks for the input.  I originally thought we would head right to Portofino, but we will have just come from time in Cinque Terre and Lucca, so it seemed to be a good fit for us to stay put in SML and enjoy the lovely Italian Riviera.   One of the people in my group likely won't get on the ferry, LOL, although walking is always an option.  Too many choices!!

One of the people in my group likely won't get on the ferry,

How strange , because if that same person is also visiting Cinque Terre, I assume you are all doing it by train, not by ferry?

Posted (edited)

Yep - we already have our train tickets (CT train cards) from Trenitalia.  We will be walking between at least two of the villages.  She's just not a fan of smaller boats, LOL. 

Edited by Softball20
spelling

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Softball20 said:

we already have our train tickets (CT train cards) from Trenitalia.

In that case, fingers crossed that, in any emergency situation, she never needs to use a cruise ship lifeboat!😉

Enjoy your dau in SM/P however you decide to spend it.

Edited by edinburgher