What is the earliest time to get off the Carnival Panorama in Mazatlan

the information is on your itinerary. It's not a tender port so you'll be off the ship the earliest at whatever time is listed on your itinerary. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, carohs said:

the information is on your itinerary. It's not a tender port so you'll be off the ship the earliest at whatever time is listed on your itinerary. 

I realize there is a listed time however our past experience says the ship can be cleared earlier. I want to hear from individuals who have taken this cruise recently.

A few weeks ago we were on it.....ship arrived at about 9:30 ish.....might have been faster but another HAL ship there so second in line up......got off about 10:15......then had to take a shuttle to the main entry area and shops....took another 20 min as trying to unload two ships at the same time....

so a crap shoot for you....would not book anything before 11 I would think

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

I realize there is a listed time however our past experience says the ship can be cleared earlier. I want to hear from individuals who have taken this cruise recently.

oh I see. So you want to book an excursion on the hope that most people have been cleared earlier? What will you do when the ship docks on time, but a bunch of people on cruise critic told you in their experience it would clear earlier?

On 5/3/2024 at 3:24 PM, Kelownabccan said:

A few weeks ago we were on it.....ship arrived at about 9:30 ish.....might have been faster but another HAL ship there so second in line up......got off about 10:15......then had to take a shuttle to the main entry area and shops....took another 20 min as trying to unload two ships at the same time....

so a crap shoot for you....would not book anything before 11 I would think

Thank you. 

I wouldn't book an excursion to go to Stone Island.  Its a 30 min walk and a $2 water taxi to get there.  Then you can find the spot you want to be.  We found a spot about 1/2 way down the beach and sat there all day.  4 of us had roughly 20 drinks, some chicken tacos and a molcajete and it was only $60.  

• Like 1

I agree with VWrestler, there is no need for a commercial excursion to Stone Island.

I was in Mazatlan off of the Panorama last week, but I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what time the ship cleared.  I've done this itinerary too many times to rush off the ship.  I had a leisurely breakfast and wandered off the ship around 11, spent time in the flea market and then went back to the ship to meet my wife for lunch.  

We took a pulmonia to the Cathedral but it was closed for repairs.  First time I've seen this.

• Like 1

What a confusing thread! "Can I make a 10am tour", with no indication of what time the Panorama (a Carnival ship) docks. Then there is reference to "another HAL ship" docking and possibly delaying Panorama? Usually cruise ships are scheduled to dock at times that don't interfere with other ships docking. 

On 5/4/2024 at 9:04 PM, vwrestler171 said:

I wouldn't book an excursion to go to Stone Island.  Its a 30 min walk and a $2 water taxi to get there.  Then you can find the spot you want to be.  We found a spot about 1/2 way down the beach and sat there all day.  4 of us had roughly 20 drinks, some chicken tacos and a molcajete and it was only $60.  

I have a torn tendon in my ankle. Having been to Mazatlan several times in the past, I know the water taxis well. I also know that walking on the sidewalks and beach there may be an issue because of my ankle. We have always done a private tour in the past but the tour provider we used is no longer in business. We will probably take a taxi to Joe's Oyster Bar.at the Gaviana.