2 Week Stay London

Would anyone have any recommendations for somewhere for 2 weeks.  Something larger than a hotel room with the ability to self cater at times.  Not necessarily central London as we are happy to use transport to get to places.  Thanks in advance! 🙂

3 hours ago, kenexx said:

Would anyone have any recommendations for somewhere for 2 weeks.  Something larger than a hotel room with the ability to self cater at times.  Not necessarily central London as we are happy to use transport to get to places.  Thanks in advance! 🙂

Likely your best bet is to check on VRBO or Airbnb - a quick search shows numerous properties that you could choose from - mostly apartments, that would allow you to self cater.  We've done that for a week in London before and thoroughly enjoyed it - staying in Kensington.  You might find some decent prices outside London however.  Hope this helps!

Posted (edited)

As well as AirBNB and the like, you'll find the capital has a goodly number of serviced apartments/aparthotels, which will  give you the self cater facility. No recommendations I'm afraid, as my trips down south are only ever for a day or so, where a hotel is fine . 

With a two week stay, you'll hopefully have time to get out of central London  and see something of our country. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1

Depends on time of year, but if it is during summer, generally late June to early September consider student halls of residences.  Prices start at about £60 per single room per night.  

Two weeks is however a long time to spend in London and it would be worth looking at a overnight stays in other areas of the UK.

• Like 1

Have a look at Citadines - various properties around the city with kitchenette if required. Also Club Quarters St Pauls have rooms with cooking facilities and are quite roomy. We have stayed in both and they are fine.

• Like 1

Have rented an apartment twice from A Place Like Home. Often much cheaper than a hotel and it feels like living like a Londoner! We have stayed in Kensington and in Mayfair.  Both make it easy to get anywhere in London given the Tube.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 1:43 AM, kenexx said:

Would anyone have any recommendations for somewhere for 2 weeks.  Something larger than a hotel room with the ability to self cater at times.

What time of the year would this be for?

Generically, Citadines and Club Quarters would have been my first suggestions. I know people (including a mutual acquaintance) who have used both chains. But I think that they're all central London locations, and probably priced accordingly.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:14 AM, Thejuggler said:

Depends on time of year, but if it is during summer, generally late June to early September consider student halls of residences.  Prices start at about £60 per single room per night.  

Two weeks is however a long time to spend in London and it would be worth looking at a overnight stays in other areas of the UK.

Thank you.  We are planning on seeing some things outside of London but there is much to see there.  It’s like people visiting here and just seeing Sydney!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Globaliser said:

What time of the year would this be for?

Generically, Citadines and Club Quarters would have been my first suggestions. I know people (including a mutual acquaintance) who have used both chains. But I think that they're all central London locations, and probably priced accordingly.

Thanks Globaliser!   It’s July next year.  Our world cruise has turned into half world due to the re route as a result of the Red Sea problem.   It’s too cold for us to cruise south at this time of the year so plan b.  We thought we’d have a couple of weeks pre cruise in London. Neither of us has been since the 80s I’m embarrassed to say!   Of course with our wonderful exchange rate it’s going to be expensive especially now we’ve retired!   Thanks for those suggestions. Hope you’re both keeping well.   

Edited by kenexx