New NCL Teacher Discount Program

53 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Has anyone used both the military and teacher discount for a combined 15%? 

I tried to do a mock booking this afternoon and could see the military discount but did not see the educator discount. I’m going to wait a few days to try again. 

If anyone has success, please do let us know. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, weisla said:

T&C says “legal residents of Canada or the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico).”

I wonder how they are verifying Canadian teachers then.  I know for other US company discounts (ie hotels) that run through id.me for verification, it’s never worked to verify me as a Canadian teacher.  Hmmm…

Posted (edited)

After ID.me sent me an email confirmation, I had to go back to NCL.com/teachers and click through the link to ID.me and sign in there again. It then prompted with a request to approve sharing/sending the verification status with NCL. I assumed it was finalized with the email but once I logged in again on ID.me approved sharing the status it showed up as activated on NCL:

IMG_0476.png

Edited by weisla

15 minutes ago, weisla said:

After ID.me sent me an email confirmation, I had to go back to NCL.com/teachers and click through the link to ID.me and sign in there again. It then prompted with a request to approve sharing/sending the verification status with NCL. I assumed it was finalized with the email but once I logged in again on ID.me approved sharing the status it showed up as activated on NCL:

IMG_0476.png

Thank you! I missed that additional step.

When I book the cruises for my daughter and myself it automatically applies the military discount. I am guessing NCL will allow one discount and no "double dipping" of adding my DD's teacher discount. Since we cruise together sometimes it would have been nice but not a deal breaker. 

On 5/8/2024 at 2:19 AM, Musicdream said:

doesn't apply to the current booking. Sad

I'm sad too since I booked in late April! Still happy to be going on a cruise though!

On 5/7/2024 at 5:22 PM, Hmmcminn said:

I signed up yesterday!

Today I have my pcc looking into whether I can apply the new discount to the two cruises I just booked last month.  I’ll keep you posted on how it works out!

Well, apparently NCL denied my PCC’s request to apply this discount to the 2 cruises I just booked last month.  

Bummer!

41 minutes ago, arochon1 said:

I was told by NCL that the two discounts are not combinable, so I will use my Verteran discount.

Thanks for the information. I did not think they would double it up but one never knows. 

43 minutes ago, arochon1 said:

I was told by NCL that the two discounts are not combinable, so I will use my Verteran discount.

Veteran.  Geez I guess I shouldn't use the teacher discount with that spelling, anyway!

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, Hmmcminn said:

Well, apparently NCL denied my PCC’s request to apply this discount to the 2 cruises I just booked last month.  

Our TA told us that they could apply the discount to two of our existing reservations, but I haven't received a confirmation with the updated pricing yet. The cruises were still before final payment though, so that may make a difference.

Also, has anyone who booked using this discount noticed the $50 onboard credit showing up in the vacation summary on NCL's website?

22 hours ago, Kortehgehn said:

Our TA told us that they could apply the discount to two of our existing reservations, but I haven't received a confirmation with the updated pricing yet. The cruises were still before final payment though, so that may make a difference.

Also, has anyone who booked using this discount noticed the $50 onboard credit showing up in the vacation summary on NCL's website?

Did your TA say whether they had to cancel and rebook a new reservation in order for the discount to apply? The fine print specifies the discount only applies to sailings booked on or after May 6, 2024. My TA tried but NCL would not apply the discount to a booking made on May 4, 2024 for a cruise in June already past final payment. 

14 minutes ago, SteveM812 said:

My cruise consultant added the discount and on board $50 without cancelling.  I had to call him and have him adjust the price after they processed my proof of employment. It shows up on my account profile page.

Where do you see it on your account?  I got approved but I haven’t seen anything indicating that in my account.

1 hour ago, weisla said:

Did your TA say whether they had to cancel and rebook a new reservation in order for the discount to apply?

So I was actually worried about loosing our stateroom with a cancel and re-book.  The difference was only about $150 per reservation so our TA said that because the amount was below a certain threshold, he could just call NCL to reprice instead.

27 minutes ago, Hmmcminn said:

Where do you see it on your account?  I got approved but I haven’t seen anything indicating that in my account.

When you log in to MyNCL, the Teacher Appreciation banner will appear under your username, right above your account number. You may have to log out and log back in for it to appear.

Edited by Kortehgehn