Photo Review: Eurodam Panama Canal 04/13-04/27/2024

I´m known for my lengthy reviews with lots of photos. So in April we´ve been on Eurodam for the Panamal Canal transit from Port Everglades to San Diego. My review is in German but automatic translation usually works pretty well. And as mentioned... there are tons of photos. Part 1 starts with the ship description from deck A to 8 (except restaurants, bars and lounges - those get an extra entry).

We´ve done all shore tours with HAL so this might be interesting too on what to expect from a certain tour.

This will be my longest review ever (I fear) and I just started working on my almost 4 K files (photos, videos, pdf-menus).

Hope you enjoy reading and following along!

steamboats

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

I´m known for my lengthy reviews with lots of photos. So in April we´ve been on Eurodam for the Panamal Canal transit from Port Everglades to San Diego. My review is in German but automatic translation usually works pretty well. And as mentioned... there are tons of photos. Part 1 starts with the ship description from deck A to 8 (except restaurants, bars and lounges - those get an extra entry).

We´ve done all shore tours with HAL so this might be interesting too on what to expect from a certain tour.

This will be my longest review ever (I fear) and I just started working on my almost 4 K files (photos, videos, pdf-menus).

Hope you enjoy reading and following along!

steamboats

Hello Carmen . We have looked at your review and are excited to see your  photos and follow your review . We did a similar cruise on the Eurodam's sister ship the Nieuw Amsterdam in April of 2022 on the same route with a couple of extra stops . We liked it so much that we did the same cruise in reverse beginning with Alaska and ending in our home port of Ft. Lauderdale , in the Fall of 2022 .

I'm a visual person and used a lot of photos as you have , but on a Cruise Critic thread . I would encourage the use of them to help direct people to your blog and beautiful photos as you did with your splash page on your blog . Here's a photo from the same location in Huatulco , but a different angle . We have also included a photo from the port of Manzanillo , Mexico that you did not appear to go to . If you would like to read our threads about the Canal , they are posted below . Joseph and Pat 

879325759_IMG_2263(2).thumb.JPG.316e4d0de5297fd973c9893812485601.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.1e3f50bd9fcbe82a782563bee30a87b0.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

@scubacruiserx2 I have the Same photo from Huatulco 😉. It will appear in the day by day review.

steamboats 

We are looking forward to seeing and reading it . We have a close connection to Germany as that was where my wife's parents met after the war . They were both Americans but they met far away from where they grew up . Our first visit there was on the NCL Dream in 2006 that went thru the Kiel Canal and flipped it's stack to go under the bridges there in 2006 .

2abc62a9-a1bf-492b-b94a-93753a7c81d6_zpstxvxrip2

We went to Berlin of course on that trip , but we liked it so much that we stayed for 10 days in Munich in 2011 , just after 1 day Octoberfest had ended .

• Like 1

Hallo aus der Schweiz!  Ich bin begeistert ihr Review gefunden zu haben, weil ich und meine beste US Kollegin am Eurodam in April 2025 das gleiche Kreuzfahrt wie du, machen werden!  Ich bin auch ein person der viel schreibt, so freue mich auf was kommt jetzt von dir zu lesen!!   Eine Frage in voraus:  Hast du eine Visum gebraucht für die vershiedene Länder, die wir besuchen?  Ausser eine ESTA für den USA, denke ich eine „ein Tag“ stop in die vershiedene Länder braucht kein Visum.  Danke!!

• Like 1

Here is a translation of @Swiss traveler post.  Hello from Switzerland! I'm thrilled to have found your review because me and my best US colleague will be doing the same cruise as you at Eurodam in April 2025! I'm also a person who writes a lot, so I'm looking forward to reading what's coming from you!! One question in advance: Did you need a visa for the different countries we visit? Except for an ESTA for the USA, I think a “one day” stop to different countries doesn’t require a visa. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Swiss traveler said:

Hallo aus der Schweiz!  Ich bin begeistert ihr Review gefunden zu haben, weil ich und meine beste US Kollegin am Eurodam in April 2025 das gleiche Kreuzfahrt wie du, machen werden!  Ich bin auch ein person der viel schreibt, so freue mich auf was kommt jetzt von dir zu lesen!!   Eine Frage in voraus:  Hast du eine Visum gebraucht für die vershiedene Länder, die wir besuchen?  Ausser eine ESTA für den USA, denke ich eine „ein Tag“ stop in die vershiedene Länder braucht kein Visum.  Danke!!

Hallo zurück,

Nein, wir als Deutsche brauchten außer ESTA für keines der Länder ein Visum.

No, as Germans besides ESTA we didn't need a visa for any of the visited countries.

steamboats