When an excursion is sold out, it is just removed from listings or does it have a Sold Out banner on it?

I've seen some excursions disappear from the Shore Excursions page lately and wondered if that was because of being sold out.

Thanks!

I suppose that it would be a logical assumption that it's sold out. Although, I tried booking one for our upcoming cruise and it didn't tell me it was sold out until I put it in the cart,

People also say that if you already booked an excursion for a particular day that you won't see anything offered to you on that day. But that's not necessarily so, as we have an excursion booked and I still see other things coming up for that day.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

But that's not necessarily so, as we have an excursion booked and I still see other things coming up for that day.

That is my experience also.

11 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Although, I tried booking one for our upcoming cruise and it didn't tell me it was sold out until I put it in the cart,

Thanks...new to NCL. I've seen both on other lines...Sold Out banner or simply gone from choices...wondered how NCL did it...

26 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

People also say that if you already booked an excursion for a particular day that you won't see anything offered to you on that day. But that's not necessarily so, as we have an excursion booked and I still see other things coming up for that day.

As long as times aren't overlapping it shows up. Or do you see those that overlap as well?

51 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I've seen some excursions disappear from the Shore Excursions page lately and wondered if that was because of being sold out.

Thanks!

It is either sold out or it overlaps with an already booked excursion for that port. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My understanding is that if an excursion is sold out, then it will not show.

If you have an excursion booked, those with times that do not conflict with your times will still show up.

• Thanks 1

If they only have one spot left and you have two people on your reservation, it will show up but give you an error when you try to add to the cart with both people.

I have seen excursions I booked, disappear.  My friends couldn't book any more, because they are sold out.

I've also encountered an excursion that shows up, but when I tried to book, I found there's only one spot.  After talking to NCL, I booked that one spot and kept checking to see if a spot come up (it did, and my wife and I were able to get on that excursion).

33 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Sometimes there will be a wait list for shorex that are sold out and NCL staff will try to get another bus etc. Check when you go onboard. 

We have been wait listed a few times.  NCL almost always managed to come through for us.  So far as I know, you can only get on the wait list at the Shorex office once you are on board, so checking in early and being among the first to board helps tremendously in getting an edge.  

8 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I suppose that it would be a logical assumption that it's sold out. Although, I tried booking one for our upcoming cruise and it didn't tell me it was sold out until I put it in the cart,

The software won't show excursions that overlap, but will display those that don't.

Here's an odd one. We have an excursion booked and when I go into the Excursion list, that same excursion pops up as an option. When I click on it, it says we already booked it. Why have it show up as an option to book it when we already booked it?

Ran across one yesterday that threw me briefly. I tried to book an excursion with a 9:00 departure. In my cart then when I tried to check out it said no longer available. I assumed the tour was canceled; turned out the 9:00 time was sold out; I booked the one leaving 30 min later.

Would have been better if NCL had said "try another time slot"; that would have saved me some angst.