GTY cabins

Hi,

We have booked a GTY cabin for our cruise in December. Can anyone tell me when we can expect to have an actual cabin number or will it not be until just before boarding?

I booked a Grand Voyage in a guaranteed cabin almost two years ago; the cruise is four weeks away and I have yet to receive my cabin assignment.  This Grand Voyage is five segments; will be interesting to find out how they were able to get me the same cabin for all five segments.  Time will tell.

Marc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I booked a Grand Voyage in a guaranteed cabin almost two years ago; the cruise is four weeks away and I have yet to receive my cabin assignment.  This Grand Voyage is five segments; will be interesting to find out how they were able to get me the same cabin for all five segments.  Time will tell.

Marc

Do they have to put you in the same cabin?  I would think they only guaranteed the class of cabin.   I have no idea the answer to this. 

Posted (edited)

A suite will be assigned. . .”

edited to add:  actually doesn’t say “a suite;” I guess they technically can put us in five different rooms. 

Edited by mrlevin

Mr Levin,

Please come and let us know when you get your assigned suites.

Hope at least some of the suites are the same.

We have one change in the summer and are looking at it as a way to experience different positions on the ship  ( two decks separate the suites and one port and one starboard both concierge)

I would also be interested in any tips for moving day. We cruise in 10 weeks.

15 hours ago, RELS said:

Check out this thread for answers to your question:

Many thanks for this. Very useful. It seems like we need to be patient!! I've previously booked GTY cabins on Silversea and Windstar and have known our suite number MONTHS in advance but looks like that doesn't happen on Regent.

7 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Mr Levin,

Please come and let us know when you get your assigned suites.

Hope at least some of the suites are the same.

We have one change in the summer and are looking at it as a way to experience different positions on the ship  ( two decks separate the suites and one port and one starboard both concierge)

I would also be interested in any tips for moving day. We cruise in 10 weeks.

We moved on our recent Explorer cruise. It was easy and quick. A bellman moved all hanging clothes on a luggage cart. I chose to pack loosely all the items in drawers and bathroom in our suitcases, trying to pack by drawer contents so easy to unpack. If you prefer, Regent will do this. We also chose to be present for the move and then left the ship afterwards. Within an hour, we were moved and settled in the new suite. Al, the star bellman!, went back to previous suite to check nothing was left behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briar14 said:

I chose to pack loosely all the items in drawers and bathroom in our suitcases, trying to pack by drawer contents so easy to unpack. If you prefer, Regent will do this.

Regent actually just pulls out the full drawers in the closet and swaps them with the empty drawers from the new suite, so you don't have to pack anything hanging or in drawers from the closet except the stuff from the safe.

It's probably easiest if you pack up the vanity, bathroom, bed side, and other non-closet drawers, and the shelves in the closet, so you can be sure everything is moved. Put it into a suitcase for them to move. We had special pillows, so I put a note on them to get moved, too.

You can transfer your safe contents in the morning as soon as the other occupants are out, even if the staff is still switching over the room.  Be sure to get a new key card from reception before you leave the ship so that you can get into your new room when you return. Also, the system might not recognize your old card, because you've changed rooms, and you don't want to be standing in line with all the new passengers just to get your new card.

18 hours ago, briar14 said:

This works if moving between same level of suites. In our case, we moved from Concierge to PH.

We will be moving from a Deluxe Stateroom to a Penthouse next year.  Can you tell me how the process is different?  Thanks 

52 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

We will be moving from a Deluxe Stateroom to a Penthouse next year.  Can you tell me how the process is different?  Thanks 

Cannot exchange drawers between suites because configuration is different. Everything else is as @RELS stated in that excellent description.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, briar14 said:

Cannot exchange drawers between suites because configuration is different. Everything else is as @RELS stated in that excellent description.

Thanks.  Didn't think of the "drawer" thing.  

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 11:21 AM, briar14 said:

We moved on our recent Explorer cruise. It was easy and quick. A bellman moved all hanging clothes on a luggage cart. I chose to pack loosely all the items in drawers and bathroom in our suitcases, trying to pack by drawer contents so easy to unpack. If you prefer, Regent will do this. We also chose to be present for the move and then left the ship afterwards. Within an hour, we were moved and settled in the new suite. Al, the star bellman!, went back to previous suite to check nothing was left behind.

Good to know about the room changes.  We will be doing 3 x B2B on the Navigator in Oct/Nov. GTY bookings so not sure what rooms we will have....

Curious if they offered you any 'excursions' on the change-over day?

We change in Barcelona & Athens.  We have never been to Barcelona so would like to be able to see some of the area...

• Like 1