NhaTrang DIY

little britain

Last time we were in Nha Trang Azamara offered a transfer there and back. X don’t seem to offer one so how easy is it to get there/back - taxi 🚕 at ports? Costs? 
🙏 thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

We were there in January.  Royal dropped us in a small area in town.  There were lots of taxi drivers happy to negotiate a tour, payable in US dollars.  We paid 30usd for a 5ish hour tour with a very nice driver (he spoke no english, google translate is your friend).  He also paid our entry to the Cham towers in local currency and we paid him the USD.

It was definitely cheap and easy to arrange on our own

2 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

We were there in January.  Royal dropped us in a small area in town.  There were lots of taxi drivers happy to negotiate a tour, payable in US dollars.  We paid 30usd for a 5ish hour tour with a very nice driver (he spoke no english, google translate is your friend).  He also paid our entry to the Cham towers in local currency and we paid him the USD.

It was definitely cheap and easy to arrange on our own

Were you dropped off near the Dam Market? If not, did you go there and if you did would you recommend going there?

Mahalo

I'll add that some very small ships might sail up the river and actually dock in Nha Trang. But most modern ships dock at Cau Da.   We were on Royal Caribbean’s Spectrum of the Seas

Thank-you

20 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I don't enjoy shopping.  We did not go to the market 

Mahalo. I hate shopping but my wife's goal seems to be buying stuff for the Grandkids. I just find a bar and it seems there's a connection between how many beers I drink and how much money she gets.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 5:27 AM, Yehootu said:

Thank-you

Mahalo. I hate shopping but my wife's goal seems to be buying stuff for the Grandkids. I just find a bar and it seems there's a connection between how many beers I drink and how much money she gets.

It wasn't a judgmental comment....I just really have no idea about the market because that is so very much not on my radar lol

We went to the Long Son Pagoda, Cham Towers, the Nha Trang Church, out for fresh seafood and stopped by a lovely beach for a while.

I will say the taxi was almost as cheap as a rickshaw, and had air conditioning and moved much faster from place to place (not much traffic in Nha Trang when we were there so it was a major difference).  We saw more, for less money, than fellow passengers who took rickshaws. I'm sure a taxi would be happy to take your wife to the market if that's the goal.

11 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I'm sure a taxi would be happy to take your wife to the market if that's the goal.

After watching a few videos about the Dam Market, I don't think It's a place we want to go. 

Mahalo