Taking wine on board. P&O

The latest rules are one bottle of wine or champagne per passenger at embarkation and no spirits.

How rigorously the rules are being enforced remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SeaJane said:

We always take a 2.25 litre box of wine and have so far never had any problems.

In your hand luggage I hope.

Quite a number of years ago I did the same but made the mistake of putting it in one of the cases. Unfortunately it was flagged up when the case went through the scanner as the box showed up as a solid block on the scanner and was treated as suspicious. I was summoned to security to explain what was in the case. Never taken one since!

16 hours ago, david63 said:

In your hand luggage I hope.

Quite a number of years ago I did the same but made the mistake of putting it in one of the cases. Unfortunately it was flagged up when the case went through the scanner as the box showed up as a solid block on the scanner and was treated as suspicious. I was summoned to security to explain what was in the case. Never taken one since!

Oh dear! Fortunately we’ve not had that happen (yet!) 

We've taken a 2.25l wine box in our cases on our last 2 cruises with P&O. No problem. (A box this size fits perfectly in the 'fridge on it's side)

18 hours ago, smj777 said:

We've taken a 2.25l wine box in our cases on our last 2 cruises with P&O. No problem. (A box this size fits perfectly in the 'fridge on it's side)

That was fine then but has since changed and now can only take 1 bottle of wine per person and most wines in the UK are 75cl as very few, if any, are sold in 1 litre bottles. That is where the confusion is not being helped by saying 1 bottle of wine instead of saying one bottle of 75cl wine.