Trying all the Celebrity Ships

So last night DH and I were talking that we want to cruise more and instead of doing all the X ports alphabetically as we noticed we end up on the same ship we got off of, we will do the ships alphabetically, so after doing Solstice first, Edge second, our next cruise will be on APEX.

Thoughts on her?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

So last night DH and I were talking that we want to cruise more and instead of doing all the X ports alphabetically as we noticed we end up on the same ship we got off of, we will do the ships alphabetically, so after doing Solstice first, Edge second, our next cruise will be on APEX.

Thoughts on her?

We liked the Apex. First time on an E class ship. We had a DPV cabin. We've got the Edge booked for this September. Another DPV cabin. Go on the Apex and judge for yourself. 

Did 2 cruises on her in 2022 after the restart and loved it. Did 2 on Ascent in 2023 / 2024 and loved it more. Tons of live reports and reviews on Apex so I would search for some of those. Or ask specific questions as to what you want to know about her.

19 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Thoughts on her?

I haven't sailed on Apex, so I can't comment on that, but I wanted to say I love this! My husband and I have recently discovered cruising, and I'm thinking of doing something similar, except I want to start with trying all the major cruise lines. We've only done Celebrity Solstice and MSC Divina together so far, and I sailed on Oceania Nautica with my MIL and Celebrity Summit with my daughter. Happy sailing!

19 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

we will do the ships alphabetically,

4 minutes ago, KellyCz said:

I'm thinking of doing something similar, except I want to start with trying all the major cruise lines

I think both of these ideas are fun, for sure.

Our goal has always been destinations first, ships second, and only on Celebrity. As we chip away at destinations, we're also chipping away at ships, but haven't pushed to get aboard the E-class ships yet.

I'd probably not do the ships alphabetically simply because we are choosing by location, but it is as good a system as any for trying new things out.  

As for major cruise lines alphabetically, I think, for us, that will be more intermixed occasionally instead of A-B-C-... since it's nice to stick to one or two lines most of the time (for comfort and "rewards"), so I see only a time where we add other options for very specific sailing opportunities.  I think a TA on Cunard or a "premium" line is likely for us, and I do want to try Virgin but not just for a 4 night cruise, and we recently saw a nice Princess option (good ports, great price) that we might jump on.  MSC also looks interesting as well as a few others that are popping up in this forum as possible alternatives to Celebrity.  I don't foresee Carnival or Disney making our list, but never say never.

• Like 1