LIVE from Jewel May 15, 2024 - 27 nights

8 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

I had a seriously outstanding day in Tromso today. Blue Puffin is first class, it’s small group (15 people?) and they took Care of their customers.

I’m with them again tomorrow in Hommingsvag, so really looking forward to the North Cape!

👍😆

We have the same two tours booked for the July 5th sailing. Great pictures. Can’t wait to read about your experience in Honningsvad. 

9 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

I had a seriously outstanding day in Tromso today. Blue Puffin is first class, it’s small group (15 people?) and they took Care of their customers.

I’m with them again tomorrow in Hommingsvag, so really looking forward to the North Cape!

Tonight looks to be yet another very weak entertainment night with the main event being the RC Singers (again) in the theatre… not a show, just singing. Blah. One game Show (family feud).

I’ll check for any replies or questions a bit later perhaps… if nothing imminent, I’ll be checking in most likely at sail in tomorrow morning early I’m guessing (likely with twangster and biker art the helipad like this morning… YES all

three of us together in one place! CC history occurred in this day June 3, 2024 north of the Arctic Circle in Tromso) 👍😆

So glad to hear the Blue Puffin Tromso tour was really good! We have that booked on the August Arctic Circle cruise but was a little apprehensive that there was no itinerary. Can’t go wrong with puppies and reindeer. We also have the Blue Puffin North Cape tour booked in Honningsvag. Can’t wait to see pictures!

Disappointing about your entertainment.  We were on Jewel for 2 weeks for the Greenland cruise last September and it wasn’t this bad. Hopefully it gets better for you.

• Like 1

We are going through the rain I spotted earlier so I jumped into the WJ for some breakfast.  From the relative dryness of the deck 12 overhang.   

20240604_061515.thumb.jpg.fb27e55e33b400e0635818379692f4e9.jpg

20240604_061511.thumb.jpg.dfbcb869d36e2c26b274f57ec153765d.jpg

20240604_061457.thumb.jpg.f4c2e6f3cab45c8cf68a64b686b9c3bc.jpg

• Like 7

https://northcapetours.com/en/birdsafari

I’m booked on the Bird Safari.   There are 13 of us on this tour.   We are sitting on the bus at the pier out of the rain waiting for our departure time.   

There was a break in the rain while I was checking out the town earlier.   The rain has returned.  I went back to the ship and put on my full rain pants and jacket for this tour.   

We may get wet but they assure us we will see birds. 😂

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

WOW… just WOW

Blue Puffin Tours

11 out of 10

(Yes, those are reindeer!)

IMG_3664.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3691.jpeg

IMG_3701.jpeg

We're booked on Blue Puffin tours next month for their North Cape Tour. I wish I'd known about this tour with the Huskies though. I really wanted to do the ships husky tours but the price was insane! Am going to go look up this tour to see if I can find it.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, twangster said:

20240604_055731.thumb.jpg.aacbec0035a1c81400f52306484df60f.jpg

Brrr. Not looking forward to the cold but at least we’ll know how to pack for August. Rain boots, parka and layers underneath.  Do you recommend water proof pants? Guess we need to get some.

We have a tour booked with Blue puffin for the North Cape.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

https://northcapetours.com/en/birdsafari

I’m booked on the Bird Safari.   There are 13 of us on this tour.   We are sitting on the bus at the pier out of the rain waiting for our departure time.   

There was a break in the rain while I was checking out the town earlier.   The rain has returned.  I went back to the ship and put on my full rain pants and jacket for this tour.   

We may get wet but they assure us we will see birds. 😂

Dh says that tour isn't available in August.  So looking forward to your review.

Posted (edited)

Bottom line…. we were SO LUCKY with our weather yesterday from morning to night. Today not so much.

I was hopeful that Blue Puffin would be as enjoyable today, so objectively comparing to yesterday had the weather been totally equal (bad or good), Tromsø is better.

One of the biggest effects of the weather is that taking photos out of the bus window is impossible when raining, so I missed out on several iconic photos of the hillsides and views as we ascended/descended. 2nd factor is that while yesterday was a small bus tour, today was a full large bus… I hate large bus tours for several reasons. This one turned out alright even with the weather.

Having said that, Blue Puffin owner’s husband, Sebastian, was our guide today. The actual owner, Monica, drove yesterday! He mentioned right off the top we had to motor to the North Cape first as weather was moving in… we would delay village and viewpoints until after.

In the meantime, we weren’t leaving until 9am, so like twangster I walked around a little bit 

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3932.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

IMG_3938.jpeg

IMG_3939.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 7