Website Pricing Issue

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker ... few time poster. 

I was looking at cruises for later this year (wife's bday) and noticed an unusual pricing error. 

We are Diamond on Royal and always book via the website, so I know if can be iffy at best, but I have never seen pricing so far off.

The cruise is a 9 day out of Tampa 9/27 - 10/6, the website shows $221 on the search page, then again $221 on the details page ... and then jumps to $1154 per person once you hit continue.

Has any seen pricing errors like this before? Is anyone else seeing the same price? 

Does Royal have any obligation to honor this price? 

Pics are attached. 

Joe 

royal 1.jpg

Royal 2.jpg

Royal 3.jpg

Posted (edited)

IT issue, prices are currently not that cheap. I'm doing multiple search Ship, multiple dates, cant even reproduce your first page. In the past Royal one time listed Suites for less then an Inside, Royal even made many people that Booked and paid in Full either Cancel or take actual price was supposed to be and pay a lot more

Edited by ONECRUISER

Posted (edited)

When I see a low price I just know its maybe a gty. Then I put in one pax and it then goes to pick your own cabin. It does that for me 99% since a solo cant book a gty. 

I'm still looking for the 399 3 day utopia sale price they emailed. Any chance you are clicking to pick your own cabin.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jhart21578 said:

Has any seen pricing errors like this before?

Other than perhaps a repo, any sailing which has a price under $50pppd is likely an error.

Posted (edited)

I have seen similar (but not such a low price), and has been mentioned, usually that is for cabins where RCI chooses your cabin.  There have been times that the category selected is gone by the time I click thru the process itself. 

There is no recourse if the category is already gone, even if the website hasn’t updated the pricing on the first screen.

Edited by barbeyg

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm still looking for the 399 3 day utopia sale price they emailed.

For a specific date or as a solo price? I ask b/c a friend alerted me to some reasonable Utopia prices. Here’s a 4N with a base price of $387…

IMG_2086.thumb.png.42df86d9a65f8a6ce32bb2f0a365f5ba.png

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

For a specific date or as a solo price? I ask b/c a friend alerted me to some reasonable Utopia prices. Here’s a 4N with a base price of $387…

IMG_2086.thumb.png.42df86d9a65f8a6ce32bb2f0a365f5ba.png

My issue is that price is usually a gty which when I change to 1 pax, goes up above $900 before taxes. The email I got for sales sales specialty said July 2024 and nothing close. 

The gty price is meaningless ... this is why solos keep saying why do we have to pay more than 200% solo supplement.

This says insides from 289, I click thru and the cheapest inside shows as over $800. That's not 289 x 2. Ra dim example. .. cheapest I see.

20240516_140459701.jpeg

20240516_140416295.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The gty price is meaningless 

Oh right, my bad. I don't ever have all the solo rules in my head. Sorry.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oh right, my bad. I don't ever have all the solo rules in my head. Sorry.

I added two screen shots, 289 price first page, I click thru and 804 before taxes shows as cheapest. I could almost do this one, I think I leave on wonder feb 2 but I might be wrong. Prices arent that bsd, sut this is why solos on royal say not fair. Carnival let's me book a gty why  not on royal. This is why people used to book a fake 2nd pax as a solo. 

Edited by firefly333

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The email I got for sales sales specialty said July 2024

FWIW, I never saw any low prices in July. The decent prices were for AUG-NOV when mentioned to me late last week.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, I never saw any low prices in July. The decent prices were for AUG-NOV when mentioned to me late last week.

Royal emailed that to me for July.  As a sale.

The 289 price is jan 29. I have wonder booked around feb 2nd then 1 day then utopia.. if I didnt have utopia mid feb I'd jump on it anyway. Good deal. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I added two screen shots

Oh, now we're talking about Explorer in 2026. I only looked at Utopia for this year and didn't see the screen shots. Don't mind me, wasn't following.

There are some 5N cruises on Explorer in January 2026 starting at $182 if you don't mind only going to Mexico. That's pretty damn cheap, lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, when I click through it's much higher.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oh, now we're talking about Explorer in 2026. I only looked at Utopia for this year and didn't see the screen shots. Don't mind me, wasn't following.

There are some 5N cruises on Explorer in January 2026 starting at $182 if you don't mind only going to Mexico. That's pretty damn cheap, lol.

I am booked on some explorer late 2025, but more than that. Like 300 to 400% more. Maybe prices dropped but I dont see that price, but i have it set for 1 pax. And mine have DP340 added and still more than triple. I have b3b on explorer, but 2 are eastern which is always more.

I need a invisible husband clearly. I dont see anything below 800 and that's before taxes and fees in any category. Now you know why solo say it's not fair. We are willing to pay 200% but 400% more than the advertised rate isnt fair. .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you add 2 kids, who sale free, to an inside room to the September 27, 2024 sailing, the price currently shows $229 pp which continues all the way to the final booking page. Try 2 adults, and 2 "free" kids, to see the advertised price average per person price. 

Edited by royal3