Mardi Gras Lunch

We're sailing on the Mardi Gras for the first time and we love going to the Captain's Pasta Bar on embark day as it usually not crowded like the Lido deck is.  Can anyone who's been on Mardi Gras confirm if the Pasta Bar is in Cucina for lunch?

Thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

We're sailing on the Mardi Gras for the first time and we love going to the Captain's Pasta Bar on embark day as it usually not crowded like the Lido deck is.  Can anyone who's been on Mardi Gras confirm if the Pasta Bar is in Cucina for lunch?

Thanks!

Sorry I can't remember, but Mardi Gras offers lots of new lunch alternatives the pre-Excel ships didn't, in case you want to try - I'll name a few but I'm sure others can add some I'm not thinking of... Shaq's Chicken, Shawarma, etc.  Here's a link to a previous similar thread, and it incudes the Fun Times lunch offerings...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Sorry I can't remember, but Mardi Gras offers lots of new lunch alternatives the pre-Excel ships didn't, in case you want to try - I'll name a few but I'm sure others can add some I'm not thinking of... Shaq's Chicken, Shawarma, etc.  Here's a link to a previous similar thread, and it incudes the Fun Times lunch offerings...

Thanks.  We were just hoping to avoid the Lido deck on embark day for lunch.  First time that our son & his family will be joining us, which includes the grandkids almost 3 & 4.  Just figured it would be a bit less overwhelming when we first get on to have lunch in a quieter area. 

Appreciate the link.  It's a big help.

I like the little stalls,,, Time Fries, Steam Dreams and Mad Sizzle, too.  They aren’t open for long each day but worth stopping by while they are open

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

Thanks.  We were just hoping to avoid the Lido deck on embark day for lunch.  First time that our son & his family will be joining us, which includes the grandkids almost 3 & 4.  Just figured it would be a bit less overwhelming when we first get on to have lunch in a quieter area. 

Appreciate the link.  It's a big help.

If you want to avoid crowds on Lido deck for embark day, I recommend the BBQ stall outside from Guy's Pig & Anchor on deck 8.

I went there on the Celebration (same class) embark day after boarding and there was very few people once outside on the deck at it, no line at all. It was pretty decent and had a variety of meats and options.

They are open for lunch including the day you embark.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bg2310 said:

If you want to avoid crowds on Lido deck for embark day, I recommend the BBQ stall outside from Guy's Pig & Anchor on deck 8.

I went there on the Celebration (same class) embark day after boarding and there was very few people once outside on the deck at it, no line at all. It was pretty decent and had a variety of meats and options.

They are open for lunch including the day you embark.

Thanks.  Forgot about the lunch area for P & A.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Nice! Maybe they've changed this then. On our past MG cruises, ChiBang and Cucina were only open for lunch on sea days, not embarkation days. 

Sorry I think I may have misspoken. DW reminded me that we didn’t look inside Cucina until after 5:30. We just walked by it during lunch time and didn’t look inside so they may have not been open at lunch.🙁

• Like 1