Carnival Elation air conditioning problems...

Just off Carnival Elation 5/13-5/18 and it was so hot!  Our rooms were stifling even with fans and hot throughout the ship.  Is this normal?  Too uncomfortable to watch the shows. Manila is an incredible act, but especially hot near the Drama bar.  Also hot in the comedy shows and lido buffet.  Our cabins were so hot.  Saw lots of engineers, but Carnival never said anything about it.  Lovely ship and incredible crew, but couldn't do this ship again if this is common experience.  We were sweating so bad during pictures that we gave up trying to get good ones.  

• Like 2

On 5/19/2024 at 4:21 AM, happylittlefamily said:

Just off Carnival Elation 5/13-5/18 and it was so hot!  Our rooms were stifling even with fans and hot throughout the ship.  Is this normal?  Too uncomfortable to watch the shows. Manila is an incredible act, but especially hot near the Drama bar.  Also hot in the comedy shows and lido buffet.  Our cabins were so hot.  Saw lots of engineers, but Carnival never said anything about it.  Lovely ship and incredible crew, but couldn't do this ship again if this is common experience.  We were sweating so bad during pictures that we gave up trying to get good ones.  

We thought the same thing last July and this past April. Last July, our room never got below 76* and they claimed it was normal! I am hot natured and the common areas use to be very comfortable to me in the past and the rooms use to get cool. But not anymore. Especially the elation,

• Like 2

Thankfully we don't sail her again until December.  Hopefully it will be right after a cold front sweeps through the deep south! 😜

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

We were on her last year in the new cabins top floor aft and did not have a problem.  That said, as mentioned, on older ships location does make a difference.  

• Like 1

I was on the last sailing of the ecasty, and let me tell you, the AC in my riviara deck ocean view room was ice cold. not nesserly an old ship problem but a mechanical problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jedi bobs said:

I was on the last sailing of the ecasty, and let me tell you, the AC in my riviara deck ocean view room was ice cold. not nesserly an old ship problem but a mechanical problem.

I was also on the last sailing of the Ecstasy, on the Riveria deck and it was the coldest room I have ever had in all my cruises. It was teeth chattering cold at some points and there was no way to get it warmer. She was in great shape in her final days. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

I was also on the last sailing of the Ecstasy, on the Riveria deck and it was the coldest room I have ever had in all my cruises. It was teeth chattering cold at some points and there was no way to get it warmer. She was in great shape in her final days. 

I track cabin temps with a little digital thermometer.  The coldest I have ever recorded was our last cruise on the Imagination, 64 degrees. 

• Like 1

I have never been colder or hotter on a ship than I was on Ecstasy - on the same floor but different cruises. So it just depends on the location and how they've set the temperature for the zone you're in.

20 hours ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

If you like the cold (A/C pumping) avoid the old (ships). Cabins on the older ships tend to have A/C challenges.

Funny enough, the one time my room was so cold that I could barely stand it was on an older ship. I really think it's hit or miss and can depend on the location of the room.

Just returned - only air issue was in Lido during peak times otherwise great - it was just serviced prior to June 1 cruise.  Room was like a refrigerator, if you wanted it to be....