Not able to add premier/premier plus when booking on website now?

I was trying to finalize and book my winter Antarctica 17 day cruise on the Sapphire, and noticed that I am not able to add either the Premier or Premier Plus when doing the booking on their website.   Before when I was browsing, when I selected the room, the screen will advise me if I want to do standard or one of the Premier package.   Now when I am done selecting the room,  it goes straight into the passenger names.

Any way to add the Premier package to the booking?

For some reason that itinerary has had that "bug" for some time. I just tweeted the issue to Princess. You could call directly and have them do the booking with the package added.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 4:58 PM, billco said:

We always wait until we have boarded before adding Plus or Premier. We use our OBC to help pay for it.

Question about adding once onboard:  Is it the same price as it shows on your personalizer before sailing as it is once on the ship?  I have a sailing I'm looking at adding it, and the current price online is not showing the full 18% gratuity for the package.  I do have OBC I would like to use to purchase it onboard, but if they add the full 18% fee I would have to plan on that.

44 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Question about adding once onboard:  Is it the same price as it shows on your personalizer before sailing as it is once on the ship?  I have a sailing I'm looking at adding it, and the current price online is not showing the full 18% gratuity for the package.  I do have OBC I would like to use to purchase it onboard, but if they add the full 18% fee I would have to plan on that.

The Plus or Premier Cruise Package is the same price in advance or aboard. And there is no 18% gratuity charged on it.  (Or any gratuity amount charged on the respective bundled Cruise Package). Flat $60/80 per night respectively.

The Plus or Premier Beverage Package is the same price in advance or aboard and yes, the 18% will be charged on the price whether in advance or aboard. ($64.99/84.99 per night, plus 18%).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

The Plus or Premier Cruise Package is the same price in advance or aboard. And there is no 18% gratuity charged on it.  (Or any gratuity amount charged on the respective bundled Cruise Package). Flat $60/80 per night respectively.

The Plus or Premier Beverage Package is the same price in advance or aboard and yes, the 18% will be charged on the price whether in advance or aboard. ($64.99/84.99 per night, plus 18%).

Thank you! I was clearly mixing the package pricing. Your answer explained what I had gotten wrong. This is why I shouldn’t be posting, or doing math late at night. LOL! 

ETA: there is some charge tacked onto the Plus package b/c in my personalizer on the website, for a 10-day cruise, the cost shows 632.xx. I’ll look again tomorrow to make sure something else wasn’t in my shopping cart. 

Edited by dreams_of_travel

42 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Thank you! I was clearly mixing the package pricing. Your answer explained what I had gotten wrong. This is why I shouldn’t be posting, or doing math late at night. LOL! 

ETA: there is some charge tacked onto the Plus package b/c in my personalizer on the website, for a 10-day cruise, the cost shows 632.xx. I’ll look again tomorrow to make sure something else wasn’t in my shopping cart. 

It may be making a change to your insurance costs, if you're purchasing Princess insurance - as pre-purchasing the bundled Cruise Packages is considered a Fare - thus affecting entire cruise cost ,and raising the insurance cost. If it's around 8 or 9% - it's insurance, not package pricing.. 

Hence why waiting makes sense in a lot of cases.  

• Thanks 1