England games on Arvia

Hi all. Been on lots of cruises but never during a major football tournament. 

We will be on Arvia for the first 2 England games next month and just wondered where they might show the football? 

Obviously not everyone likes football, but I would guess at least 1k or so of the approx 5k passengers would like to watch the game.

This will be our 3rd time on Arvia and I would think that Brodies will no doubt show the football but what about elsewhere?. The Skydome would be a good place to show the football or even the clubhouse? what do people think? 

Obviously I wouldn't expect the ship to be taken over by football and spoil it for the non fans but just wondered what if anything they might do.

I believe the games are when we are in Marseille and then after we have left Cadiz.

Regards to all.

Posted (edited)

If they can stream them they certainly will

Depends what channels they are on etc

Just came off Ruby Princess and that ship was full of Vancouver Canucks fans wanting to watch the Ice hockey playoffs

Only one of the 4 games was shown on the channels they had available on the ship

They have special cruise sports channels on Arvia.

Same channels were showing basketball most of the time on Princess when the Ice hockey games were on. And nothing the cruise ship could show their hockey fans

Arvia will have a BBC news channel but not BBC 1 and ITV etc which I imagine will be showing the games

To best of my memory?

Same channels in the bars you can watch in your cabins as well 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

Never thought about it being on terrestrial tv Interestedcruisefan, that's a good point.

I think there were a couple of sports channels on the TV so hopefully might be on there signal permitting. Even if I have to sit in the cabin!!!😁 cheers

We did the Euro finals and the World Cup on Britannia. Games were streamed in Brodies and for the actual finals also in the theatre. I'd guess as these are just qualifiers Brodies is the obvious place to start and depending on match time could well be the Club House as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sawdan said:

Never thought about it being on terrestrial tv Interestedcruisefan, that's a good point.

I think there were a couple of sports channels on the TV so hopefully might be on there signal permitting. Even if I have to sit in the cabin!!!😁 cheers

You can check if the matches are on by looking up Sport24 cruise ship schedule on the internet. I would be amazed if they are not on, they will show them in one of the bars or lounges, but they are also available on your room TV, and Arvia has big TVs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sawdan said:

The Euro2024 Games will be shared between BBC and ITV, as they are a protected event to be shown on Terrestrial Channels. So if the ship can receive those channels then they would be shown I guess

10 hours ago, Sawdan said:

Thank you everyone for your replies. Will check out the schedules later.

Many thanks!!

When we were on Iona in March I watched a couple of premiership matches in our cabin on the Sports channel on TV.