Promenade Deck On Radiance of the Seas?

Anyone out there know if you can walk completely around the ship on the promenade dec of the Radiance of the Seas? I know there is a walking path up at the top of the ship, but am used to the great walking on the Disney Magic where you can just make a complete loop on deck 4.

Hello!

Yes~~we were just on the Radiance for the March 12th cruise, and indeed you can go all the way around. The above poster is correct: you must go up and down stairs on the forward end, but you are outdoors the whole way. I would guess that there were 8 to 12 stairs---not enough to keep me from enjoying my laps on that deck!

Leslie

Thanks for the feedback - I guess doing the stairs each time around would be an extra workout! I assume then it does go around the stern of the ship without going through hatches to cross over to the other side. I just really enjoyed my walks down closer to the water.

We are in our 60's and have done two cruises with the family last year on the Disney Magic. Eastern Caribbean and Panama Canal Repo cruise. I loved it, but we are planning an Alaskan Cruise Tour in 07 and think it will be on the Radiance. I loved the Magic and hope we will be impressed with the Radiance. Any feedback if you've experienced both?

PS~~

Once you've gone up those stairs on the forward end you may be able to go out onto the helipad. On our cruise the seas were quite calm; it was exciting to be all the way forward on the ship at 20+ knots!

going up the stairs to the helipad is also a great way to watch as you leave some of the ports you may stop at or as you go up the channel as you leave Miami first day; Enjoyed it a few times just this past week

• 2 weeks later...

We were out on the Obs Deck on EOS, leaving Puerto Rico, and it was amazing.. so warm and a little windy tho. Could look over and watch Puerto Rico and its lights disappear, but meanwhile you could sit on a bench and look up and see a shooting star.. it was a neat place to be when leaving port.

Archived